Join us on our Arlington National Cemetery Tour as we take a walk through American history and honor our nation's military and war heroes.
This walking tour includes stops at President JFK's gravesite, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, where you will witness the time-honored tradition of the Changing of Guard Ceremony, and Arlington House.
Our guides know the cemetery well enough that we can reroute the tour as needed to make sure you don't miss the historic sights, but we can also give respect and privacy as needed to services.
We don't just show you the sites: we tell you the stories. Come along on this family-friendly tour of one of this nation's most sacred grounds.
Read what the Washington Post has to say about our tour.
- 3rd Regiment Tomb Guards
- Changing of the Guard
- Memorial Amphitheater
- Arlington House (we do not enter)
- President Kennedy's Grave
- Grave sites of Senators Robert and Ted Kennedy
- Eligibility Rules for Burials
- and much more
Check out our Guide to Visiting Arlington National Cemetery to find out more of what you might see and learn about on a tour with us, as well as directions and a self-guided option.
Arlington Cemetery Tour Information
WHERE: Tour departs from outside the Visitor Center AFTER security.
Look for your guide in orange by the benches. We are unaffiliated with any desk inside the Visitor Center, so please don't look for us there.
Duration: Approx. 2.25 hours and 1.5 miles. Includes uphill walking and stairs.
Security at Arlington National Cemetery sometimes depends on the day but you will need to go through a bag check.
Prohibited items include:
- KNIVES (blades more than 3-inches in length)
There will be an express lane for guests who have no bags.
You may want to look into luggage storage before arriving at Arlington National Cemetery if you're traveling with large bags.
What Should I Bring?
- Cash or Venmo to pay your guide (where other tours charge $20-30 a person, this tour is name your own price so you can choose what you thought the tour was worth)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A water bottle
- Appropriate clothing / umbrella - tours are rain or shine!
- Professional Historian/Tour Guide
- Recommendations for the best food, music and museums
- Advice on must-do experiences