Let Free Tours by Foot help you plan your trip to London. Our local experts have written everything you need to know about what to do and see in London.
In the sections below you'll find our most popular blog posts detailing insider information and our best advice.
- Top Things To Do
- Most Popular Attractions
- Bus, Bike Walking Tours
- Royal London
- Museums & Art Galleries
- Where to Eat
- Monthly Events & Weather
- How to Get Around
- Day Trips
Join our free FTBF travel community! As a thank you, you'll receive our free itinerary planner.
If you just don’t know where to start, visit our main post or take a walking tour and ask your guide!
There are a lot of things to do in London, of course, but some are MUST-DOs. We have guides to the top things to do in London based on how you want to travel - at night, with kids, for free or all of the above.
Some of the most popular attractions in London are listed below - these blog posts will give you tips on how to get there, how to get tickets if necessary, best times to go and other insider information to help you plan your trip.
- Castles Near Me In London
- How and When to Visit Westminster Cathedral
- How to Visit The One New Change Rooftop
- Tower of London Tickets
- Cheap London Eye Tickets
- Royal Albert Hall Tours
- How to get to Abbey Road Crossing in London
- Walking Across Tower Bridge
- How to Book Free Sky Garden Tickets
- The London Aquarium 2 for 1 Deal
- Big Ben Tour - How to Request a Free Tour
- How Much to Visit The View from the Shard?
- Westminster Abbey Tickets
- How to Get Ceremony of the Keys Tickets
- How to Get Cheap Madame Tussauds Tickets
- St. Paul's Cathedral Tickets Explained
How do you want to tour London? Bus, bike, walking tours & more we have guides to the top-rated options.
- Tours of Windsor Castle | Things to See and Do
- The City of London Historic Pub Tour
- Borough Market and Maltby Street Food Tour
- Highlights of the British Museum
- Black Cab Tours
- Which London Boat Trips Are Best?
- Best London Bus Tours
- Jack the Ripper Tours
- Harry Potter Walking Tour London
- Free London Night Tours
- Which London Pub Crawls Are Best?
- London Ghost Tours and Haunted Walks
- The Best London Bike Tours
- Canterbury Walking Tours
- Reviewing the Best London Helicopter Flights and Tours
An essential part of visiting London is to see Buckingham Palace and experience Royal London. We have a whole tour dedicated to it, but you can also use these posts to learn more about how to visit London like a royal.
- Kensington Palace Tickets | 10 Tips for Discounts
- St. James's Palace | Changing of the Guard
- How To Visit The Houses of Parliament And The Palace of Westminster
- Changing of the King's Life Guards
- Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Buckingham Palace Tours
- What to Do Near Buckingham Palace
It's not just the British Museum in London! You can experience a number of unique museums, but we also have tips on visiting some of the big ones, too.
There is more to London than Westminster and The City, each individual neighborhood and area has its own unique charm. Our neighborhood guides have tips on where to eat, what to see and often self guided tours.
- Things to Do in Regent's Park
- Things to Do in Soho London
- Hightlights of Primrose Hill
- Top 10 Things to Do on Brick Lane
- Camden Market London
- Things to Do in Camden Town
- Things to Do in Trafalgar Square
- Top Things to Do in Westminster
- What to Do in Kensington
- Things to Do in Little Venice
- Things to Do in Covent Garden
- Things to See and Do in Leicester Square
- Activities and Things to Do in Shoreditch
- Things to See in Piccadilly Circus
- 11 Things You Didn't Know About Brixton
Fish & Chips, Afternoon Tea, Sunday Roast - there are a lot of quintessiential British foods to try in London!
- Cheap Afternoon Teas in London
- Best Markets in London
- Where to Eat the Best Meat Pies in London
- Best Fish and Chips in London
- Where is the Best Shopping in London?
- Best Oldest Pubs in London
- Top 10 British Foods to Try in London
- London Food Tours Compared
Our resident meteorologist, Fred, explains more about average temperatures and how much rain there usually is each month.
- London Weather in September?
- How Is the Weather in London during July?
- When Does It Snow in London?
- What's the Weather Like in London in June?
- What To Do In London When It Rains?
- How is the Weather in London in May
- How is the Weather in London in March?
- How is the Weather in London in January?
- How is the weather in London in November?
- How is the Weather in London in August?
- How is the Weather in London in April
- The Weather in London in February
- How Is the Weather in London in December?
- How's the Weather in London in October?
Each month has its own special events, festivals and concerts. Find out more about what is happening when you're exploring London.
- Things To Do in London in November
- 20 Things to Do in London in October
- Things to Do in in London in September (2022)
- What to Do in London in December
- What to Do in London in June
- Things To Do in London in May
- What to Do in London in April (2022)
- What to Do in London in March
- What to Do in London in February
- What to Do in London In January
- What to Do in August in London
- What to Do in London in July
Visiting during a special holiday or time of year? Learn more about some of the seasonal events in London.
From how to get to the city from different airports to how to use the Tube and where to keep your luggage, our guides can help you get around London.
- Elizabeth Line to and from Heathrow Airport
- Heathrow Express Tickets and Prices Explained
- Heathrow Airport to London with the Picadilly Line
- Where to Store Luggage at Victoria Station
- The Cheapest Way to get from Gatwick to London
- How to Use the London Tube
- 7 Places to Store Luggage in London
- Oyster Card vs Visitor Oyster Card vs Travelcard
- Gatwick Express Tickets and Prices Explained
Head away from London for quick trips around England.
Learn more about visiting London on a budget and how to get discounts at attractions!