This post is about discounted tickets to Blue Man Group on Broadway, including TKTS, RUSH, and other discount options.
- How Much Are Tickets?
- Same-Day Discounts
- Other Discounts
- Show Schedule and Theater Location
- Discounts on Other Shows
- Guide to NYC on a Budget
Since 1991, these three bald, blue, silent performers known as the Blue Man Group have entertained audiences around the world with their eclectic performances, using lots of percussion, comedic movements, and a cool light show.
The performance involves lots of props like liquid and food that may splatter those sitting in the first few rows.
HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS FOR BLUE MAN GROUP?
Regularly-priced tickets from Ticketmaster vary based on the day of the performance. Typically, orchestra seats are $85 and up and mezzanine seats are $44 and up.
Blue Man Group tickets bought from TodayTix can be as much as 62% off regular-priced tickets.
For certain performances, you can get orchestra seats for $44.50 (includes a ticket fee of $7.50).
Sometimes StubHub offers slightly cheaper tickets or better seats for the same price as TodayTix.
SAME-DAY DISCOUNT TICKETS
When considering getting tickets for any Broadway show, you should think about trying for same-day tickets.
The 3 main options for discount tickets: RUSH tickets, purchasing tickets at a TKTS booth, or entering a ticket lottery.
Blue Man Group offers student rush tickets only. If you are a student, you may be able to get $40 tickets at the box office one hour before the show.
Note that Friday night and Saturday night performances do not offer rush tickets.
Be sure to bring your valid student ID and cash as credit cards are not accepted for rush tickets.
For those who are not students, see our post on how to get Broadway Rush tickets if you are interested in seeing other shows.
By going to a TKTS booth on the day you want tickets, you can get tickets for approximately $59. Prices and availability vary based on date.
Find out about how to get tickets from TKTS booths, read TKTS post.
Unfortunately, Blue Man Group does not currently participate in the lottery system.
That can change in the future so be sure to check our in-depth post on Broadway ticket lotteries. You will also discover other shows that do participate.
Tourist Pass Discounts
Many tourist discount passes offer savings on select Broadway shows, including Blue Man Group.
- The New York Pass can save you up to 10% off full price on specific Broadway shows.
- The Sightseeing Pass and the Sightseeing Flex Pass get you $20 off tickets.
It's tough to say whether these discounts are worth much as you need to educate yourself about how much a full price ticket is going for.
There are, of course, many other benefits of getting a tourist pass.
The biggest benefit is saving a great deal of money. Some passes can save you up to 55% on your itinerary of attractions to see.
Find out if getting a tourist attraction discount pass is right for you.
- During Off-Broadway Week, you can get 2-for-1 tickets.
- Groupon often has discount tickets for Blue Man Group.
- The Blue Man Group official website lists several offers, some that are always available and others that are just for a limited time. Some deals that come up from time to time are two tickets for $99 or two-for-one VIP Experience tickets.
- Military discounts can be found here.
- See above for student discounts.
- Playbill offers full view orchestra and mezzanine tickets for $49 (not include processing fee).
- Broadway Box offers front orchestra seating for $49 per ticket. Offer ends June 30, 2019.
- TheaterMania also offers a 30% discount code off regular ticket prices.
- Goldstar has tickets for $58.50 that includes mezzanine or orchestra seating.
SHOW SCHEDULE AND THEATER LOCATION
- Monday 7 pm
- Tuesday 11:30 am & 7 pm
- Wednesday 11:30 am, 2 pm, & 7 pm
- Thursday 11:30 am & 7 pm
- Friday 11:30 am & 8 pm
- Saturday 2 pm, 5 pm, & 8 pm
- Sunday 2 pm, 5 pm, & 8 pm
- Check the current schedule.
Note: the show duration is 1 hour and 30 mins. with no intermission.
Astor Place Theatre at 434 Lafayette Street between Astor Place and West 4th Street (map).
This theater is located in the heart of the East Village. Before or after the show, you may want to explore this dynamic neighborhood.
Our guide to the East Village may come in handy! We also offer pay-what-you-wish an East Village Food Tour.