Whether you received your invitation to Hogwarts or not, everybody knows the magical world of Harry Potter.
Not only does Harry journey to and through London throughout the 8 movies, but most were filmed right here in the capital of the U.K.!
Your expert guide will take you through London, pointing out sites and locations from the Harry Potter film series.
Come follow in the footsteps of the world’s most famous wizard on our Harry Potter Tour!
Always enchanting, often interesting, and each one easy to get to, what follows is a guide to the real-life counterparts of many of the magical locations you have seen on the big screen.
See the buildings that contain the Ministry of Magic, walk through the Underground barriers Harry and Arthur Weasley traveled through on their visit to London, stand on the bridge blown up by Death Eaters, and walk through the real Diagon Alley!
You'll also get a chance to see the grandiose 'Palace Theatre', now home to the 8th installment of the Harry Potter series- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child'. Tickets?
The tour will be filled with fun facts and film references, and take you into London's theatre-land, across to London's Southbank, or through its labyrinthine Old City - depending on the day.
The journey will take you by foot and also via the London Underground.
Sites Visited On The Harry Potter Walking Tour
- Westminster Tube (closest tube to the Ministry of Magic as seen in The Order of the Phoenix)
- Cecil's Court (aka Diagon Alley)
- St. Paul’s (Geometrical Staircase as seen in the Prisoner of Azkaban)*
- Godwin’s Court (aka Knockturn Alley)
- The Palace Theatre (home to the ‘The Cursed Child' - the 8th story in the Harry Potter franchise) - Tickets*
- Horseguards Avenue (Ministry of Magic Staff Entrance as seen in Deathly Hallows Part 1)
- Millennium Bridge (rebuilt after the attack by the Death Eaters! (then a walk past Shakespeare's globe)
- Scotland Yard Place/Horse Guards Avenue (Ministry of Magic Visitors entrance as seen in the Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows Part 1)
- Trafalgar Square (Location of the final Harry Potter film premiere)
- Downing Street (Muggle Prime Minister's Office and location of communication between the Muggle PM and the wizarding world)
Note: Depending on your guide and the day/time, the tour will finish at either Leadenhall Market or Borough Market (both sites have been used as the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron (as seen in the Philosopher's Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban onwards respectively.)
*Please note that though we do stop at St. Paul's Cathedral and the Palace Theatre, we do not go inside.
Información sobre el viaje
For groups up to 5, click here to reserve. If your group is 6 or more, please check out our private tours page or contact us.
Meet your guide next to the statue of Winston Churchill in Parliament Square. This is located a few meters from Westminster Underground Station.
From Westminster Station, take the exit for "The Houses of Parliament" and cross the street. When walking out of the station, Parliament Square is the grassy area on the right. (map)
The tour ends at Borough Market.
Tube: This tour uses the London underground- please make sure you have a prepaid ticket or oyster card to the value of a 1-day travel card or £3.00GBP and are ready to travel.
Duración: Approximately 2.5 hours.
- Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 14:00 (2:00 pm)
- Mondays at 19:00 (7 pm)
- You can take this tour anytime with our GPS-enabled audio tour app.
This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it's done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for anyone's budget.
Save even more money with a London tourist discount card. Be sure to check out our other tours in London.