This post covers some of the best activities to enjoy in Las Vegas throughout the month of July, including a variety of free, family-friendly, and nighttime events in 2023.
We also have a post on the weather in July.
The following list includes several attractions, events, and activities for audiences of all ages.
Some of them are included at no extra cost with at least one Las Vegas tourist pass, and you might want to consider using one of these services to save money.
For more ideas of what to do this month, see our posts on:
- Things to Do in Vegas (any time of year)
- Tourist Attraction Discount Passes
- Hop on Hop off Bus Tours
- Las Vegas Shows You Can See
1. Go to a Concert
There are almost always a number of different concerts to attend in Las Vegas no matter when you visit, and July will be no different.
We’ll list some of the best musical performers who will be playing in town this month below.
- Keith Urban | July 1st
- Louis Tomlinson | July 1st
- Carrie Underwood | July 1st
- Skid Row/Warrant | July 1st
- Usher | 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 15th
- Garth Brookes | July 6th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd
- Miranda Lambert | July 7th
- Charlie Puth | July 8th
- Jack Harlow | July 8th
- Barry Manilow | July 13th, 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 22nd
- Nickelback | July 15th
- Jason Isbell | July 16th
- Diana Krall | July 20th
- Righteous Brothers | July 25th
- Jimmy Eat World/Manchester Orchestra | July 22nd
- Trace Adkins | July 28th
- Katy Perry | July 28th, 29th
- Maroon 5 | July 28th, 29th
For even more great music, check this full list of concerts in Las Vegas during July.
2. See a Stand-up Comedy Performance
No matter when you decide to visit Las Vegas, chances are there will be multiple famous or well-known comedians performing stand-up.
If you’re in need of a good laugh, consider going to see one of the following comics this July.
- David Spade | July 1st
- Jack Whitehall | July 1st
- Tape Face | July 1st-30th
- Lewis Black | July 12th
- Chris Tucker | July 14th, 15th
- Jeff Dunham | July 16th
- Paul Rodriguez | July 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd
- Jerry Seinfeld | July 28th, 29th
- Fully Loaded Comedy Festival | July 12th | T-Mobile Arena.
For even more performers, check this list of stand-up comedy shows in Las Vegas during July.
3. Attend a Magic Show
Several of the most famous magicians in the world call Las Vegas their home, and they frequently perform in this city throughout the year.
You can expect several opportunities to see either death-defying stunts or shocking magic tricks this July.
- David Copperfield | July 1st - 30th
- Piff The Magic Dragon | July 2nd - 30th
- Shin Lim | July 1st - 30th
- Nathan Burton | July 1st - 30th
- Criss Angel | July 1st - 30th
- Penn & Teller | July 6th - 23rd
- Paranormal Mind Reading | July 1st - 30th
If you’re looking for even more opportunities to experience the unbelievable, check out this list of magic shows in Las Vegas during July.
4. See Theatrical Performance
If you’re interested in a theatrical experience, you can almost always rely on Cirque du Soleil to host several shows in Las Vegas each month.
You'll also find some other plays and stage shows to keep your interest.
Cirque de Soleil
Other Stage Shows
For even more chances to visit the theatre, check out this list of theatrical performances in Las Vegas during July.
5. Save Money With a Tourist Pass
If you’re planning to see and do as much as possible while visiting Las Vegas, a tourist pass might be one of the best ways to save money on various activities of interest.
There are a few different types of passes, but the basic idea is that you’ll be paying a set price for multiple attractions.
Using these services, you can usually save up to 50% or more off general admission prices.
Here are just a few of the activities included with the Go City Las Vegas pass:
- Blue Man Group |
- The Beatles: LOVE |
- Las Vegas Helicopter Tour |
- Grand Canyon Tour |
- Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour |
- Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. |
- Hoover Dam Highlights Tour |
- Madame Tussauds |
- Legends in Concert |
- And more!
If you’re interested in enjoying any of these tours, attractions, or live shows, make sure to read our post covering Las Vegas tourist passes for more details.
6. Attend a Sporting Event
There will be several opportunities to catch live sports in Las Vegas in July.
Check this list of sporting events in Las Vegas to see everything taking place this month.
7. Play at the Pinball Hall of Fame
It costs nothing to enter this pinball machine museum which is 10,000 square feet of restored pinball machines. Do bring quarters if you plan on playing the machines.
You can enjoy your pinball, even more, knowing that proceeds from gameplay and the candy machines are donated to the Salvation Army
The Pinball Hall of Fame is open from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm every day. Needless to say, this is an ideal place to bring the kids.
It is also a fun place to pass the evening! To find more nightlife suggestions, see our post on things to do at night in Las Vegas.
8. Take a Bus Tour
See a lot in a shorter amount of time from the comfort of an air-conditioned bus.
Hop-on-hop-off bus tours allow you to get on and off the bus whenever you want to see more of any of the sites along the route.
Big Bus Tours is the main bus tour company in Las Vegas and the only company that provides live commentary during the tour.
There are other types of bus tours available, like night bus tours, and themed tours like a Pawn Stars Bus Tour and a Mob Bus Tour.
Read about the many choices from our post on Las Vegas bus tours.
9. Celebrate Independence Day
July 4th is one of the most important holidays in the United States, and most people celebrate with fireworks, BBQs, and other fun family activities.
That said, it’s important to note that fireworks are actually illegal in Las Vegas, so if you want to enjoy this type of activity, you’ll have to go to a special event where fireworks have been permitted.
Here are a few options to consider:
- Lake Las Vegas Fireworks Show | July 4th
- Plaza Hotel & Casino Independence Day Party | July 4th
- Station Casinos (Red Rock Resort/Green Valley Ranch) | July 4th
For a list of pools with 4th of July activities, visit here.
In addition to these options, the LINQ Promenade hosts a variety of special activities on July 4th including a parade, an open-air fair, live music, balloon artists, face painters, and more.
Don’t forget the LINQ High Roller Observation Wheel is included with some tourist passes!
10. Attend a Dive-In Movie at The Cosmopolitan
While drive-in movies are becoming popular once again following the pandemic, Las Vegas is home to an entirely different kind of communal movie viewing experience: The Dive-In!
Throughout the summer, The Cosmopolitan hosts a movie night by their pool each week, giving visitors the chance to enjoy a popular film while keeping cool in the pool.
Here are the movies playing in July 2023:
- Top Gun: Maverick | July 3rd
- Crazy Rich Asians | July 10th
- Jurassic World Dominion | July 17th
- Moana | July 24th
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | July 31st
Tickets start at just $15 and you don’t need a room at the hotel to enjoy this activity.
11. Attend a Festival or Event
There are a few festivals you might find of interest in Vegas in July.
- Exodus Festival | June 29th-July 4th
- Foam Wonderland | July 1st
- Drummer United International Music and Arts Festival | July 7th
- The King of Las Vegas Festival | July 7th-9th
- Nevada Cannabis Awards Music Festival | July 10th
- Cars and Coffee | each Saturday