Welcome to Free Tours by Foot, offering name-your-own-price New Orleans walking tours, including ghost, cemetery, and food tours.
Everyone should be permitted to take a guided tour for a price they feel it was worth or what they could afford - even free!
And in this time of pandemics, we've also created a slate of free video tours, condensed versions of our live guided tours that you can enjoy anywhere and anytime.
Condensed video tour of the Garden District
Be sure to check out our tour calendar to see which public tours are offered while you are in town or read the walking tour descriptions.
Likewise, we are also offering discounted private tour options. You can contact us for a quote or take a look at our book now page.
Pay-what-you-like tours are tours for every budget.
NEW ORLEANS WALKING TOURS
You could browse the tours that we have by clicking the links below, by scrolling our public calendar.
Or, you could simply go to our booking page to see what we have available and to book now.
We have over 4000 reviews with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
We are so well-reviewed, that TripAdvisor seems to hide us from you (probably because we don't pay commissions). Read the reviews for yourself.
- For the classic New Orleans tour, we offer you our French Quarter Tour.
- Or join us on a tour of a "City of the Dead" as we experience St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- Visit the beautiful mansions of the Garden District with a stop at Lafayette Cemetery #1.
- New Orleans is filled with the tortured souls of the past. Learn about and engage with them on our New Orleans Ghost Tour.
- If you are a foodie, you definitely should consider taking one of our French Quarter Food Tours.
- Learn about the unique cultural flavor on our Voodoo Tour.
- Stroll Frenchman Street and the Marigny, the hip side of a funky city.
- To get to know the past and present of New Orleans' creative lifestyle, try our Music, Arts, and More Tour.
- For a history of bars and beverages, try our Cocktail Tour.
- The United States' first black neighborhood, home of musical innovation, civil rights activist, and lots more lies just outside the French Quarter - learn more on our Treme Tour.
Don't see what you're looking for, or has the tour you're looking for already sold out?
Then consider a private tour with us. We offer reasonably priced private tours, including many of our signature tours and some other specialties as well.
Or take a look at our video and GPS audio tours.
GHOST AND VOODOO TOURS
New Orleans is a top destination for ghost and voodoo tours and we are proud to offer the city's highest-rated tours.
We offer our French Quarter Ghost Tour daily, sometimes 2x every day.
Hear tales that will send a chill up your spine and find out what really happened when you take one of these awesome ghost tours!
Our Voodoo Tour runs daily (with the exception of Tuesdays) and runs 2x a day several times a week.
Let us help you uncover the mysteries and secrets of this misunderstood religion and learn about the role that it's played in this city's history.
Check out the calendar above or head to our booking page to see what is available.
And if our tours are booked out, or if our schedule doesn't work for you, then be sure to take a look at our review of other ghost and voodoo as well as vampire tours available to you.
This city is famous for its cemeteries, which for most visitors to New Orleans are unique and exotic.
There are over 50 cemeteries in New Orleans that have all or most of the graves above ground, but there is really just a handful that is reasonably reachable for most tourists.
Read our guide to cemetery tours in the city as well as our post on visiting cemeteries on a night tour.
We offer pay-what-you-like tours that visit 3 of them.
- St. Louis Cemetery #3 - On this tour you'll see some of the oldest and most beautiful examples of above ground burials.
- Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery #1 Tour - this tour runs 2x a day and visits both the beautiful Garden District.
- St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour - our tour ran daily tour but currently there is only one official tour allowed to run inside of the cemetery.
Get some background on tomb styles and burial practices with our Guide to New Orleans Cemeteries.
SWAMP AND PLANTATION TOURS
Unfortunately, it's not possible to offer pay-what-you-like tours of the swamps and plantations surrounding New Orleans.
Believe us, we tried. There are transportation and entry costs that make it impossible.
However, there are some really excellent and well-reviewed companies offering swamp and plantation tours.
Some offer tickets that combine swamp and plantation as well as bus and boat tours.
We have put together posts that compare both plantation and swamp tour companies to help you choose the best for you.
There are a lot of ways to explore New Orleans and the surrounding areas - swamp tours to bus tours. Find out about all of them here:
- WHAT TOUR SHOULD I TAKE IN NEW ORLEANS?
- Swamp Tours New Orleans
- Cemetery Tours New Orleans
- New Orleans Steamboat Cruises
- Which New Orleans Plantation Tours Are Best?
- New Orleans Bus Tours
- Hurricane Katrina Tours in New Orleans
- New Orleans Cocktail Tour
- 7 Awesome New Orleans Night Tours
- Which New Orleans Cruise is Best?
- Airboat Tours in New Orleans
- New Orleans Ghost Tours
- New Orleans Food Tours
- Cajun Pride Swamp and Plantation Tour Reviews
- New Orleans Segway Tour
- New Orleans Bike Tours Compared