Off the Beaten Track at Arlington National Cemetery
There is so much to see at Arlington National Cemetery and though our 2.5 hour Arlington National Cemetery tours cover the highlights, there are many off the beaten track sites to see.
Some of these sites are covered on our self guided walking tours:
- Arlington National Cemetery Self Guided Tour
- Notable Women Buried in Arlington National Cemetery
- Black History of Arlington National Cemetery
Other Off the Beaten Track Sites at Arlington National Cemetery:
- President William H. Taft: the first president buried in the cemetery
- Section 27: One of the earliest parts of the cemetery, now the final resting place of many poor freed black men and women and USCT soldiers.
- Netherlands Carillon: A musical gift from the people of Netherlands
- Iwo Jima Marine Corps Memorial: Based on the famous flag raising photograph, honoring all men and women who’ve served in the USMC.
- Fort Meyer Stables and Caisson Platoon: the unit of men and horses who have the solemn task of transporting remains to the grave
- Montgomery Meigs: the architect behind this hallowed ground.