We’re excited to get back to touring but want to do so in a way that promotes a safe and comfortable environment for all involved. Following individual regulations of each of our cities, as well as the input from our guides, we are gradually reopening, starting with small group private tours with public tours to follow later this summer.
As of September 22, 2020 the following cities are open on limited basis with enhanced safety measures.
- Charleston, SC: small group privates and public tours
- New Orleans: small group privates and public tours
- Washington, DC: small group privates and public tours
- San Francisco: small group privates and public tours
- New York City: small group privates and public tours
- Boston: small group privates only
- London: small group privates and public tours
Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by this illness and our sincerest thanks to the front line workers. To honor them, we want to maintain high standards for reopening.
PUBLIC TOUR POLICIES
- When booking, guests will be REQUIRED to certify that neither they nor anyone in their party will join a tour if they display any symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of tour date (not booking date).
- Though we are implementing and enforcing safety policies, tours are taken at our own risk.
- Guides and guests will be required to maintain 6 feet distance between parties. For this reason, we are limiting tours to smaller groups. Non compliance to city regulations will result in being asked to leave and in the case of paid tours, no refund.
- We will be following city regulations wherever we tour. In most places, this will require both guests and guides to wear a mask or face shield.
- There may be limited restrooms opportunity on tours depending on facilities opening.
- We are altering tours and tour times to focus on finding a comfortable way to tour – avoiding hottest part of the day, offering shorter tours, avoiding rush hour.
- No interior tours – almost all of our tours are outdoors anyways!
- Group sizes will adhere to city regulations. In the case of a fully booked tour, we can only accept walk ups in the event of a no-show. Walk up guests will be required to provide contact information in the form of email or phone number. If a tour is full with a wait list, we will add additional tours if possible.
PRIVATE TOUR POLICIES
- Private tours can be arranged on short notice, if possible, but we can never guarantee availability until a tour is booked.
- Payment is required in advance to book a private tour, but we will not charge you until closer to the tour date.
- Refunds are possible with notice – the amount of notice depends on the city and will be confirmed upon booking.
- Private tours will follow same physical distance and safety guidelines above. For locations that require masks and/or 6 feet distancing, non compliance on the part of guests will result in no tour and no refund.
- Group sizes will adhere to city regulations, discounts are offered for booking multiple guides for larger groups.
Free Tours by Foot operates tours or has a close partnership with a tour company in Washington DC, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Charleston, New Orleans, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London. We do list and recommend tour companies in other cities and they may have different policies for their tours. Wherever possible, we have noted their policies on the relevant booking pages.