Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present free walking tours of London, including guided walks, self-guided, and GPS-led audio tours.
We provide a platform for professional, freelance tour guides to lead walking tours at no upfront cost, so that you may enjoy a quality sightseeing experience no matter what your budget.
Our model of live guided tours ensures that your tour guide must strive to give his or her best on every tour.
No tickets. Just make a free reservation for the best walking tours in London.
Everyone should be permitted to take a guided tour for a price they feel it was worth - even free! It’s the best money-back guarantee available.
- Visitas a pie
- Food Tours and Pub Crawls (Including our new Newcastle upon Tyne Brewery Tour)
- Audio and Self-Guided Tours
FREE LONDON WALKING TOURS
Our free tours cover popular tourist destinations, such as Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, and other landmarks.
They also visit off-the-beaten-path parts of town, like the East End, Shoreditch, or Brick Lane, as well as visit many hidden gems.
Check out our tour calendar below or go straight to our booking page.
Make sure to keep an eye out for our specialty Christmas Tours!
We have approximately 5000 reviews with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. We are so well-reviewed, that TripAdvisor seems to hide us from you (probably because they can’t sell our tours).
Read the reviews for yourself.
Regularly Scheduled Walking Tours of London
This is our tour of royal and political London.
On this tour, visitors will visit royal sights such as Buckingham Palace and the Changing of the Guard, St. James's Palace, Westminster Abbey, and the Horse Guards Parade.
But you will also explore royal parks, such as Green Park and St. James's Park, as well as the Churchill War Rooms, Trafalgar Square, 10 Downing Street, Big Ben, and the Houses of Parliament.
This central London tour focuses on the old Roman settlement, or what is referred to as the Square Mile.
Highlights of this tour include Christopher Wren’s St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge, London Bridge, the River Thames, and the Tower of London.
But you will also visit less popular sights, such as the Bank of England, Temple Church, the Royal Courts of Justice, and The Monument.
If you are short on time, then consider the ultimate of London walking tours, our London-All-in-One Tour, a six-hour adventure that combines both tours plus a bit more.
Join us as we wind through the back streets and gas-lit alleyways of Whitechapel to visit the Jack the Ripper murder locations, all guaranteed to send shivers down your spine.
Our tour gives you insight into the real Jack the Ripper history – you’ll leave with an understanding of the crimes that no other tour can provide.
To learn more about London during the Blitz and this defining period in London history, take this tour!
You'll walk past damaged remains such as Christopher Wren's lost Grey Friar's, and miraculously saved icons such as St. Paul's Cathedral.
Together with your guide, you'll uncover hidden treasures that were unearthed during the war and you'll learn who was responsible for the rebuilding of our city.
Never got your letter to Hogwarts but still want to be a wizard?
Come along on our free Harry Potter Tour to add some magic to your London trip!
Not only does Harry journey to and through London throughout the 8 movies, but most were filmed right here in the capital of the U.K.!
Your expert guide will take you through London, pointing out sites and locations from the Harry Potter film series, such as Diagon Alley and the Leaky Cauldron.
The alternative, trendy, and recently gentrified, London's Shoreditch is one of the most vibrant and exciting areas in town.
And Free Tours By Foot is ready to help you discover the art, history, and outrageous stories that help make it the vibrant part of London that nobody wants to miss!
Other London Walks
- Soho, Piccadilly Circus, and Chinatown, and the Rock n' Roll Tour for those interested in Bowie, The Beatles, sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
- Explore the museums with a local guide who can show you the highlights in the British Museum and the Tate Modern (private only)
- For theatre lovers, we've got a couple of tours for you, too: Travel back in time to explore Shakespeare's London (From August 2022, available as a private tour only) or take in London's Theatreland: Covent Garden and the West End
- For a taste of the alternative side of the city, check out the, which visits East London and covers the art, history, and culture of this exciting area.
- Take a walk through one of London's trendiest up-and-coming areas, and try your hand at street art while you're on our Brixton Tour.
- Explore all the opulence London has to offer with a luxurious walk through London's Mayfair district on our Majestyc Mayfair Tour!
- You'll discover there's far more than tennis as you stroll through beautiful Wimbledon and learn the history of this quaint London village on our Quintessential Wimbledon Tour.
- Or take in London's stunning riverside with our Sunday Stroll on the Southbank.
- Walk in the footsteps of the condemned on our one-of-a-kind Final Journey Tour which will take you from the courthouse, to prison, to execution site all in one grim walk!
- Walk through the fascinating and incredible historic riverside on the London Docks Tour.
- Explore one of London's most iconic neighbourhoods and one of the world's most famous markets on our Notting Hill and Portobello Market Tour
- Want to explore some pubs and enjoy a pint or more? We've got you covered with three different one-of-a-kind London tour experiences! Explore trendy craft beer houses in one of London's most fascinating neighborhoods on our Brixton Beer Mile Experience.
- Or join in the fun on a classic Pub Crawl and Cockney Sing-A-Long. Or explore some of London's oldest (and most interesting) pubs on our City of London Historic Pub Tour!
- Take a trip through iconic Camden Town, explore the market, and learn about the musicians and artists who made it what it is today.
- And for the braver souls, our nighttime Jack the Ripper and London Ghost tours are available, if you dare.
- Or see the city lit up with our London Night Tour.
For the foodie in you, we also offer our pay-what-you-wish East London Food Tour, where you can taste the delicious results of almost 4 centuries of immigration.
Or, consider joining our Borough Market and Maltby Street Food Tour and explore the London Bridge area while tasting some of the finest street food in the city!
Additionally, we offer an array of self-guided food tours that offer you a unique way to explore London.
Be sure to check out our London food tours page for more information.
Interested in tasting some tea or coffee? Consider joining London's only pay-what-you-like Tea Tour!
If you fancy a few drinks in some of London's most historic pubs, we are currently running London's only pay-what-you-like Historic London Pub Crawl!
Or, explore trendy craft beer houses in one of London's most fascinating neighborhoods on our Brixton Beer Mile Experience.
Or warm up those vocal cords and join in the fun on a classic Pub Crawl and Cockney Sing-A-Long!
NEW: Fancy a trip up north? We've teamed up with CAMRA members and beer festival organisers in Newcastle upon Tyne to offer the city's only Pay-What-You-Like Brewery Tour!
Can't make one of our guided tours?
No problem, we have partnered with our friends at Atlantis Audio Tours and recorded some of our best tour guides giving their tours and made them available to you at any time.
Here is how it works:
- Purchase an Audio Tour
- Receive a confirmation email with details.
- Enjoy the tour(s).
Even if you don't download any tours, you will still have access to valuable information on sightseeing, eating, and playing in London.
- City of London
- Royal London (Westminster)
- Harry Potter Locations
- Jack the Ripper
We also offer a wide array of self-guided walking tours of London, including versions of our guided tours above.
Many of our self-guided tours are for themes that we do not offer guided versions of, including:
Private London walking tour?
We also offer our guiding services for private groups where we can guide you anywhere in London. We are also experts in the region.
Call us or email us and we will get back to you with a timely quote.
In addition to walking tours, you can find bus tours, bike tours, pub crawls & more. Read more about the different tour options in London:
- Windsor Castle Tours from London
- The City of London Historic Pub Tour
- Borough Market and Maltby Street Food Tour
- Highlights of the British Museum
- Black Cab Tours
- Thames River Cruises
- Best London Sightseeing Bus Tours
- Jack the Ripper Tours
- Harry Potter Walking Tour London
- Free London Night Tours
- Which London Pub Crawls Are Best?
- London Ghost Tours and Haunted Walks
- The Best London Bike Tours
- Canterbury Walking Tours
- London Helicopter Tour | Helicopter Ride Over London