Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present free London walking tours, including self-guided, GPS-led audio tours, and virtual video tours.
We provide a platform for professional, freelance tour guides to lead walking tours at no upfront cost, so that you may enjoy a quality sightseeing experience no matter what your budget.
And in this time of the pandemic, we’ve also created a slate of free virtual video tours that you can enjoy anywhere and anytime.
Westminster Virtual Walking Tour
And check out our YouTube homepage to see video tours in all of our cities.
Our model of live guided tours ensures that your tour guide must strive to give his or her best on every tour. It’s the best money-back guarantee available.
Everyone should be permitted to take a guided tour for a price they feel it was worth - even free!
FREE LONDON WALKING TOURS
Whether you're in town for a weekend in London or sightseeing for the day, our London tours cover popular tourist destinations as well as off-the-beaten-path parts of town.
We offer both guided tours and self-guided tours that take you through the heart of The City and Westminster and help you decide what to do in London and what to see.
Check out our tour calendar below or go straight to our booking page.
Make sure to keep an eye out for our specialty Christmas Tours!
We have approximately 5000 reviews with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. We are so well-reviewed, that TripAdvisor seems to hide us from you (probably because they can’t sell our tours).
Read the reviews for yourself.
Regularly Scheduled Walking Tours of London
- Our Westminster Tour (Royal London Tour) takes in Buckingham Palace and the Changing of the Guard.
- City of London Walking Tour, which focuses on the old Roman settlement, St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London.
- If you are short on time, then consider the ultimate of London walking tours, our London-All-in-One Tour, a six-hour adventure that combines both tours plus a bit more.
- To learn more about London during the Blitz and this defining period in our history, take the WWII in London Tour.
- Never got your letter to Hogwarts but still want to be a wizard? Come along on our Harry Potter Walking Tour to add some magic to your London trip!
- Soho, Piccadilly Circus, and Chinatown and the Rock n' Roll Tour for those interested in Bowie, The Beatles, and sex, drugs and rock and roll.
- Explore the museums with a local guide who can show you the highlights in the British Museum and the Tate Modern (private only)
- For theatre lovers, we've got a couple of tours for you, too: Travel back in time to explore Shakespeare's London or take in London's Theatreland: Covent Garden and the West End
- For a taste of the alternative side of the city, check out the London Graffiti and Street Art Tour, which visits East London and covers the art, history, and culture of this exciting area.
- Take a walk through one of London's trendiest up-and-coming areas, and try your hand at street art while you're on our Brixton Tour.
- Explore all the opulence London has to offer with a luxurious walk through London's Mayfair district on our Tiaras and Ferraris Tour!
- You'll discover there's far more than tennis as you stroll through beautiful Wimbledon and learn the history of this quaint London village on our Quintessential Wimbledon Tour.
- Or take in London's stunning riverside with our Sunday Stroll on the Southbank.
- Walk in the footsteps of the condemned on our one-of-a-kind Final Journey Tour which will take you from the courthouse, to prison, to execution site all in one grim walk!
- Walk through the fascinating and incredible historic riverside on the London Docks Tour.
- Explore one of London's most iconic neighbourhoods and one of the world's most famous markets on our Notting Hill and Portobello Market Tour
- Want to explore some pubs? We've got you covered with three different one-of-a-kind London tour experiences! Explore trendy craft beer houses in one of London's most fascinating neighborhoods on our Brixton Beer Mile Experience. Or join in the fun on a classic Pub Crawl and Cockney Sing-A-Long. Or explore some of London's oldest (and most interesting) pubs on our East London Riverside Pub Crawl!
- Take a trip through iconic Camden Town, explore the market, and learn about the musicians and artists who made it what it is today.
- And for the braver souls, our nighttime Jack the Ripper and London Ghost tours are available, if you dare.
- Or see the city lit up with our London Night Tour.
For the foodie in you, we also offer our pay-what-you-wish East London Food Tour, where you can taste the delicious results of almost 4 centuries of immigration.
Additionally, we offer an array of self-guided food tours that offer you a unique way to explore London.
Be sure to check out our London food tours page for more information.
Interested in tasting some tea or coffee? Consider joining London's only pay-what-you-like Tea Tour!
If you fancy a few drinks in some of London's most historic pubs, we are currently running London's only pay-what-you-like East End Pub Crawl!
Visit 4 of our most traditional hidden boozers with a knowledgable local and explore London's dockside (and dark side) history.
Or, explore trendy craft beer houses in one of London's most fascinating neighborhoods on our Brixton Beer Mile Experience.
Or warm up those vocal cords and join in the fun on a classic Pub Crawl and Cockney Sing-A-Long!
Can't make one of our guided tours?
No problem, we have partnered with our friends at Atlantis Audio Tours and recorded some of our best tour guides giving their tours and made them available to you at any time.
Here is how it works:
- Purchase an Audio Tour
- Receive a confirmation email with details.
- Enjoy the tour(s).
Even if you don't download any tours, you will still have access to valuable information on sightseeing, eating, and playing in London.
- City of London
- Royal London (Westminster)
- Harry Potter Locations
- Jack the Ripper
We also offer a wide array of self-guided walking tours of London, including versions of our guided tours above.
Many of our self-guided tours are for themes that we do not offer guided versions of, including:
Private London walking tour?
We also offer our guiding services for private groups where we can guide you anywhere in London. We are also experts in the region.
Call us or email us and we will get back to you with a timely quote.
In addition to walking tours, you can find bus tours, bike tours, pub crawls & more. Read more about the different tour options in London:
- Which London Boat Trips Are Best?
- Camden Market London
- Best London Bus Tours
- Jack the Ripper Tours
- Harry Potter Walking Tour London
- Free London Night Tours
- Which London Pub Crawls Are Best?
- Review of London Ghost Tours
- The Best London Bike Tours
- Reviewing the Best London Helicopter Flights and Tours
London is certainly expensive, but not everything here has to be. Obviously, we at Free Tours by Foot know a thing a two about saving money, from our pay-what-you-like guided walking tours, audio tours, and free self-guided tours.
But, there are many ways to save. If you are even considering visiting two of London's top attractions, say Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, then you have to read our post reviewing the top tourist attraction passes.
Below are some of the most popular articles:
- Save money on attractions and tours with a tourist attraction discount pass.
- Read our post on free things to do in London.
- Learn how to use the London Underground and whether to get an Oyster or Travelcard.
- Find highly rated but inexpensive hotels and other accommodation options.
- List of museums and galleries that offer free admission.
- Let us arrange an iconic Black Cab to collect you at your airport when you arrive to town, or a Black Cab Tour for those who can't travel by foot. Just e-mail us for a quote e-mail us for a quote.
Check out our post titled “Travel Guide for London on a Budget” for all of our helpful articles.