Fisherman’s Wharf Tour
In its early days, San Francisco was the West Coast hub of fishing and shipping. When the city was growing up, hundreds of fishermen would gather at Fisherman’s Wharf in the morning, earn their day’s catch, and meet back here in the evening. These days, the Wharf has turned into one of the most highly visited spots in San Francisco.
As you take this Fisherman’s Wharf walking tour, we will see Ghirardelli Square, home of the legendary chocolate maker, the world famous San Francisco cable car, and we’ll get a behind-the-scenes look into how Fisherman’s Wharf really operates.
In addition, you’ll see numerous other great sights including:
- Ghirardelli Square, home of the legendary chocolate maker
- A great behind-the-scenes look into the historic Wharf where Italian fishermen operated (and still do!)
- The world famous San Francisco cable car
- The Balclutha, an 1800s-era clipper ship famous for appearing in the movie Mutiny on the Bounty
- The place to find the best San Francisco clam chowder!
and much more!
Where: Meet you guide at the corner of Hyde Street & Beach Street, across the street from Buena Vista Cafe and right near the Cable Car turnaround. Use our Google map for directions to the tour starting point. Look for your guide with the orange shirt.
Duration: The tour lasts about 2 hours. The total walking is just over one mile (1.6km).
When: View our Calendar
Cost: This is a name-your-own-price tour. That means the tour is free to take, and at the end of the tour, you decide how much the tour was worth to you. Our guides are happy to take cash or credit card, whatever is most convenient to you!
Save even more money in San Francisco with a discount tourist pass!