Free Walking Tours London
Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present free London walking tours, including self-guided, GPS-led audio tours, and name-your-own-price guided London walks.
We provide a platform for professional, freelance tour guides to lead walking city tours as well as food and bike tours at no upfront cost, so that you may enjoy a quality sightseeing experience no matter what your budget.
Everyone should be permitted to take a guided tour for a price they feel it was worth – even free!
As of June 1st, 2020, in accordance with UK government guidelines, we are able to offer private tours for groups of up to 5 or fewer. Social distancing will be required. Prices are guest, route, and time-dependent. Contact us for more information or to book.
Our full schedule of public pay-what-you-like tours will be available from the 1st of July.
- Walking Tours
- Food Tours and Pub Crawls
- Audio and Self-Guided Tours
- Black Cab Tours and Airport Transfers
- Budget Travel Tips
- Tours en español
- Private Beefeater Lead Jack the Ripper Tours
FREE LONDON WALKING TOURS
Whether you’re in town for a weekend in London or sightseeing for the day, our London tours cover popular tourist destinations as well as off the beaten path parts of town.
We offer both guided tours and self-guided tours that take you through the heart of The City and Westminster and help you decide what to do in London and what to see.
Check out our tour calendar below or go straight to our booking page.
We have approximately 5000 reviews with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. We are so well-reviewed, that TripAdvisor seems to hide us from you (probably because they can’t sell our tours).
Read the reviews for yourself.
Regularly Scheduled Walking Tours of London
- Our Westminster Tour (Royal London Tour) takes in Buckingham Palace and the Changing of the Guard.
- City of London Walking Tour, which focuses on the old Roman settlement, St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Tower of London.
- If you are short on time, then consider the ultimate of London walking tours, our London-All-in-One Tour, a six-hour adventure that combines both tours plus a bit more.
- To learn more about London during the Blitz and this defining period in our history, take the WWII in London Tour.
- Never got your letter to Hogwarts but still want to be a wizard? Come along on our Harry Potter Walking Tour to add some magic to your London trip!
- Soho, Piccadilly Circus, and Chinatown and the Rock n’ Roll Tour for those interested in Bowie, The Beatles, and sex, drugs and rock and roll.
- Explore the museums with a local guide who can show you the highlights in the British Museum and the Tate Modern.
- For theatre lovers, we’ve got a couple of tours for you, too: Travel back in time to explore Shakespeare’s London or take in London’s Theatreland: Covent Garden and the West End
- For a taste of the alternative side of the city, check out the London Graffiti and Street Art Tour, which visits East London and covers the art, history, and culture of this exciting area.
- Take a walk through one of London’s trendiest up-and-coming areas, and try your hand at street art while you’re on our Brixton Tour.
- Explore all the opulence London has to offer with a luxurious walk through London’s Mayfair district on our Tiaras and Ferraris Tour!
- Or take in London’s luxurious King’s Road and stunning home sand gardens on the Chelsea Riverside Village Tour.
- Walk in the footsteps of the condemned on our one-of-a-kind Final Journey Tour which will take you from the courthouse, to prison, to execution site all in one grim walk!
- Walk through the fascinating and incredible historic riverside on the London Docks Tour.
- And for the braver souls, our nighttime Jack the Ripper and London Ghost tours are available, if you dare.
- Or see the city lit up with our London Night Tour.
For the foodie in you, we also offer our pay-what-you-wish East London Food Tour, where you can taste the delicious results of almost 4 centuries of immigration.
Additionally, we offer an array of self-guided food tours that offer you a unique way to explore London.
Be sure to check out our London food tours page for more information.
Interested in tasting some tea or coffee? Consider joining London’s only pay-what-you-like Tea Tour!
If you fancy a few drinks in some of London’s most historic pubs, we are currently running London’s only pay-what-you-like East End Pub Crawl!
Visit 4 of our most traditional hidden boozers with a knowledgable local and explore London’s dockside (and dark side) history.
Can’t make one of our guided tours?
No problem, we have partnered with our friends at Atlantis Audio Tours and recorded some of our best tour guides giving their tours and made them available to you at any time.
Here is how it works:
Even if you don’t download any tours, you will still have access to valuable information on sightseeing, eating, and playing in London.
- City of London
- Royal London (Westminster)
- Harry Potter Locations
- Jack the Ripper
We also offer a wide array of self-guided walking tours of London, including versions of our guided tours above.
Many of our self-guided tours are for themes that we do not offer guided versions of, including:
- Harry Potter Tour – we also offer this as a guided tour!
- James Bond Tour
- Borough Market Food Tour
- and so many more self-guided London tours for you to choose from:
We also offer self-guided bus tours. These tours are absolutely free and we plan to have self-guided audio tours available soon as well.
Private London walking tour?
We also offer our guiding services for private groups where we can guide you anywhere in London. We are also experts in the region.
Call us or email us and we will get back to you with a timely quote.
London is certainly expensive, but not everything here has to be. Obviously, we at Free Tours by Foot know a thing a two about saving money, from our pay-what-you-like guided walking tours, audio tours, and free self-guided tours.
But, there are many ways to save. If you are even considering visiting two of London’s top attractions, say Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, then you have to read our post reviewing the top tourist attraction passes.
Below are some of the most popular articles:
- Save money on attractions and tours with a tourist attraction discount pass.
- Read our post on free things to do in London.
- Find highly rated but inexpensive hotels and other accommodation options.
- List of museums and galleries that offer free admission.
- Let us arrange an iconic Black Cab to collect you at your airport when you arrive to town, or a Black Cab Tour for those who can’t travel by foot. Just e-mail us for a quote e-mail us for a quote.
Check out our post titled “Travel Guide for London on a Budget” for all of our helpful articles.