Walking Tours of New Orleans
Welcome to Free Tours by Foot, offering name-your-own-price New Orleans tours. Everyone should be permitted to take a guided tour for a price they feel it was worth or what they could afford – even free! Pay-what-you-like tours are tours for every budget.
Sightseeing doesn’t have to be expensive or boring. That’s because we must be at our best at all times to ensure that your tour is interesting and of the highest quality. If you don’t like what you see, all you lost was your time. It’s the best guarantee in the business.
- Walking Tours
- Ghost + Voodoo Tours
- Cemetery Tours
- Food + Cocktail Tours
- Swamp + Plantation Tours
- Bus Tours
- Riverboat Tours
NEW ORLEANS WALKING TOURS
We provide a platform for local, licensed, freelance tour guides to lead walking tours as well as ghost, food, bike and bus tours at no upfront cost and no solicitation, so that you may enjoy a worry-free quality sightseeing experience.
Walking tours are our forte, and we offer a number of daily and weekly pay-what-you-like walking tours of New Orleans. There’s no cost to book our walking tours, so there’s no risk for you.
You could browse the tours that we have by clicking the links below, by scrolling our public calendar (also below) or just go to our booking page to see what we have available and to book now.
We have over 4000 reviews with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. We are so well-reviewed, that TripAdvisor seems to hide us from you (probably because they can’t sell our tours). Read the reviews for yourself.
- For the classic New Orleans tour, we offer you our French Quarter Tour.
- Or join us on a tour of a “City of the Dead” as we experience St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- Visit the beautiful mansions of the Garden District with a stop at Lafayette Cemetery #1.
- New Orleans is filled with the tortured souls of the past. Learn about and engage with them on our New Orleans Ghost Tour.
- If you are a foodie, you definitely should consider taking one of our French Quarter Food Tours.
- Learn about the unique cultural flavor on our Voodoo Tour.
- Stroll Frenchman Street and the Marigny, the hip side of a funky city.
- To get to know the past and present of New Orleans’ creative lifestyle, try our Music, Arts, and More Tour.
- For a history of bars and beverages, try our Cocktail Tour.
- The United States’ first black neighborhood, home of musical innovation, civil rights activist, and lots more lies just outside the French Quarter – learn more on our Treme Tour.
Don’t see what you’re looking for, or has the tour you’re looking for already sold out? Then consider a private tour with us. We offer reasonably priced private tours, including many of our signature tours and some other specialties as well.
GHOST AND VOODOO TOURS
New Orleans is a top destination for ghost and voodoo tours and we are proud to offer the city’s highest-rated tours.
We offer our French Quarter Ghost Tour daily, sometimes 2x every day.
Hear tales that will send a chill up your spine and find out what really happened when you take one of these awesome ghost tours!
Our Voodoo Tour runs daily (with the exception of Tuesdays) and runs 2x a day several times a week.
Let us help you uncover the mysteries and secrets of this misunderstood religion and learn about the role that it’s played in this city’s history.
Check out the calendar above or head to our booking page to see what is available.
And if our tours are booked out, or if our schedule doesn’t work for you, then be sure to take a look at our review of other ghost and voodoo as well as vampire tours available to you.
This city is famous for its cemeteries, which for most visitors to New Orleans are unique and exotic. There are over 50 cemeteries in New Orleans that have all or most of the graves above ground, but there is really just a handful that are reasonably reachable for most tourists. Read our guide to cemetery tours in the city.
We offer pay-what-you-like tours that visit two of them.
- St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour – this is a daily tour that often runs 2x a day. You can only visit this tour with a tour group, so why not visit with New Orleans #1 tour company?
- Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery #1 Tour – this tour runs 2x a day and visits both the beautiful Garden District.
Get some background on tomb styles and burial practices with our Guide to New Orleans Cemeteries.
SWAMP AND PLANTATION TOURS
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to offer pay-what-you-like tours of the swamps and plantations surrounding New Orleans. Believe us, we tried. There are transportation and entry costs that make it impossible.
However, there are some really excellent and well-reviewed companies offering swamp and plantations. Some offer tickets that combine swamp and plantation as well as bus and boat tours.
We have put together posts that compare both plantation and swamp tour companies to help you choose the best for you.
We also offer our guiding services to private groups, where we can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go to in the city. We can organize bikes, taxis, mini-buses, and coaches as well as organize plantation and swamp tours.
You can book one of our 2-hour tours, or hire us for a half, full and multiple days. We can pick you up at your hotel. Call us or email us and we will get back to you with a timely quote.