This post outlines the available walking tours of Nashville, including free, self-guided, pay-what-you-wish as well as food, music and night walking tour options.
Take yourself on a tour of Nashville with these downloadable, self-guided tours. These are great when you want to determine your own start times or customize the landmarks you see.
Our self-guided tour of Downtown Nashville takes you to some of the key historic sites. You'll learn about the history of the city, music, and honkytonks!
We also have a series of Eats & Street Art self-guided tours to explore different neighborhoods focusing on street art and local food stops.
You can also take this tour as a GPS enabled audio tour!
If you prefer to join a tour guide who can lead you around, ask questions, and provide insight to local establishments, a pay-what-you-wish tour could be perfect.
At the end of these tours, your guide will ask you to pay what you felt the tour was worth.
Free Nashville Tours has the best reviews for a tips-based tour of Music City’s downtown. The tour lasts 90 minutes and is led by a local born and bred Nashvillian. The tour is a nice welcome to the city with many recommendations for other things to do and places to eat/drink/dance, but it is light on history.
Free Nashville Tours is not affiliated with us. Free Tours by Foot does not offer guided tours in Nashville, but we do have self guided and audio tours.
There is a lot of history in downtown Nashville to cover in 90 minutes so if you're interested in some of the hidden stories, check out Atlantis Audio Tours self-guided tour to downtown Nashville.
If you want to explore Nashville through a culinary lens, there are several great food tours available.
One of the best options comes from Secret Food Tours, who provides an overview of the tastiest food in the city.
In addition to discovering some of the most famous BBQ restaurants in Nashville, you'll also have an opportunity to try pulled pork tacos, hot chicken and many other tasty treats!
One tour combines Nashville’s music history with food samples!
If you’re willing to leave downtown, you can combine your general sightseeing and food tasting with a city-wide Southern food tour.
Nashville has even more tours running at night! From pub crawls to traditional sightseeing tours, there is something for everyone after the sun goes down in Music City.
- Get spooked on this Haunted Downtown walking tour. You’ll get 90 minutes of haunted Nashville history from a talented guide.
- Sunday - Friday at 8:00 pm
- Saturdays at 8:00 pm & 9:00 pm
- The spirits in some of Nashville’s pubs are haunted, too. Take a Haunted Tavern tour and hear some live music between spooky tales.
- Every night at 6:00 pm
- Get everything you need in one tour - this is an all-inclusive food tour and pub crawl through downtown Nashville.
- You can’t go wrong with a traditional pub crawl. This tour will get you acquainted with Music City’s bar scene.
- Ever thought a pub crawl could be improved by playing some golf at the same time? This bar golf small tour delivers more fun with a mobile putting green.
What would Music City be without music tours? From going backstage to seeing where the stars live, you can immerse yourself in Nashville’s music culture on these tours.
- See where Dolly, Taylor Swift, and Trisha Yearwood live on this Homes of the Stars tour.
- See behind the scenes at the Grand Ole Opry House, home of the country’s longest-running radio show. The tour operates most days in the mornings and afternoons before shows, and in the evenings after shows, depending on the venue’s availability.
- Learn about how Civil Rights shaped the food and music in Nashville with students from Vanderbilt University on this 4-hour, small-group tour.
- Between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm every day, you can stand on the stage where the Grand Ole Opry radio show got its start with the Ryman Auditorium backstage tour.