This post outlines the available walking tours of Nashville, including free, self-guided, pay-what-you-wish as well as food, music and night walking tour options.
Pay-What-You-Want Walking Tour
We've partnered with Veteran owned and operated, Nashville Adventures to offer a 90-minute Downtown Nashville walking Tour.
The tour will be 1.5 hours and covers about 1.5 miles of downtown Nashville.
The tour will cover the important landmarks and attractions of the city, such as the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Ryman Auditorium, the Tennessee State Capitol, and more.
You will also learn about the stories and legends behind these places and how it all contributes to what makes Nashville special.
Highlights we'll see on the tour:
- The Ryman Auditorium
- The Tennessee State Capitol
- Printers Alley
- Bicentennial State Park
- Downtown Presbyterian Church
- Maxwell House
- And many more
There is a lot of history in downtown Nashville to cover in 90 minutes so if you're interested in some of the hidden stories, check out Atlantis Audio Tours self-guided tour to downtown Nashville.
There are a lot of different tours offered in Nashville, including some that won't cost a thing to enjoy!
If you're looking for a tour that covers some of the best dishes to eat while you're in Music City, there are definitely plenty of great Nashville food tours available as well.
Alternatively, you might also want to consider a tour covering the haunted history of Nashville, and there are quite a few ghost tours available in this unique and interesting American city.
Of course, most people who visit Music City come to learn about the history of musicians who became famous while performing and writing music here.
If this sounds like you, consider heading out on a Nashville music tour instead!
Check out calendar above for a full idea of what tours are available during your visit to Nashville.
Take yourself on a tour of Nashville with these downloadable, self-guided tours.
These are great when you want to determine your own start times or customize the landmarks you see.
Our self-guided tour of Downtown Nashville takes you to some of the key historic sites.
You'll learn about the history of the city, music, and honkytonks!
We also have a series of Eats & Street Art self-guided tours to explore different neighborhoods focusing on street art and local food stops.
You can also take this tour as a GPS enabled audio tour!
If you want to explore Nashville through a culinary lens, there are several great food tours available.
One of the best options comes from Secret Food Tours, who provides an overview of the tastiest food in the city.
In addition to discovering some of the most famous BBQ restaurants in Nashville, you'll also have an opportunity to try pulled pork tacos, hot chicken and many other tasty treats!
One tour combines Nashville’s music history with food samples!
There's also an Underground Donut Tour covering some of the best treats you can get in the Music City!
If you’re willing to leave downtown, you can combine your general sightseeing and food tasting with a city-wide Southern food tour.
Nashville has even more tours running at night!
From pub crawls to traditional sightseeing tours, there is something for everyone after the sun goes down in Music City.
- Get spooked on this Haunted Downtown walking tour. You’ll get 90 minutes of haunted Nashville history from a talented guide.
- Daily at 8 pm and 10 pm
- The spirits in some of Nashville’s pubs are haunted, too. Take a Haunted Tavern tour and hear some live music between spooky tales.
- Every night at 8:00 pm
- US Ghost Adventures also offers a tour at 7 pm each night that covers some of the most haunted locations in Nashville.
- Get everything you need in one tour - this is an all-inclusive food tour and pub crawl through downtown Nashville.
- You can’t go wrong with a traditional pub crawl. This tour will get you acquainted with Music City’s bar scene.
- Ever thought a pub crawl could be improved by playing some golf at the same time? This bar golf small tour delivers more fun with a mobile putting green.
What would Music City be without music tours?
From going backstage to seeing where the stars live, you can immerse yourself in Nashville’s music culture on these tours.
- See where Dolly, Taylor Swift, and Trisha Yearwood live on this Homes of the Stars tour.
- See behind the scenes at the Grand Ole Opry House, home of the country’s longest-running radio show. The tour operates most days in the mornings and afternoons before shows, and in the evenings after shows, depending on the venue’s availability.
- Learn about how Civil Rights shaped the food and music in Nashville with students from Vanderbilt University on this 4-hour, small-group tour.
- Between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm every day, you can stand on the stage where the Grand Ole Opry radio show got its start with the Ryman Auditorium backstage tour.
- If you want to learn about some of the legendary musicians who came from Nashville, consider a Legends of Music City walking tour with stops at Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium.