New Hall Military Museum
Though this reconstructed building is from the 1960s, the original New Hall Military Museum was built in 1791 by the Carpenters’ Guild. The space was rented out to Secretary of War Henry Knox, making this the original Pentagon.
Directions to New Hall Military Museum:
320 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
On Chestnut Street between South 3rd and South 4th Street.
The hours vary based on the season. Its open Saturdays and Sundays 10am-5pm until April 2015.
Free! As part of the National Park Service, there is no entrance fee.
The second floor of the museum focuses on the history of the Navy and Army. The ground floor, on the Marines.