This post compares several Segway tours of Rome, with prices, schedules and, most importantly, an analysis of hundreds of reviews to help you choose the best tour for you. Why a Segway tour? Well, Rome is a big city and using a Segway to see the city, you cover twice as much ground as you would by foot. You catch a nice breeze as you zip along and it’s kind of a neat way to get around! They are affordable to rent, they are safe and fairly easy to use, and a big hit with kids.
Segway Tour companies typically offer History tours, Night Tours and a few niche art tours. All the companies we chose to include in this post have great reviews, and have a high rating for safety and ease of use of the equipment. To help you choose, we’ve analyzed hundreds of reviews from TripAdvisor to quickly get you to the Segway Tour companies that are highly rated and popular. We looked at key factors such as: customer service, safety, guide knowledge, guide enthusiasm, tour value, and group size. (Note: Prices and ratings are as of June 2017.)
Italy Segway Tours 5 out of 5 stars (2,370+ reviews)
The video above is from Italy Segway Tours, one of the largest Segway companies in Rome. The offer a day and a night tour and get stellar reviews on TripAdvisor. Reviewers loved that they didn't need prior Segway experience to enjoy this tour. They also loved that they were able to cover twice as much ground on a Segway as they did on foot. Most of all, they appreciated the guides' attention to guest safety. This company only received a few negative reviews, mostly related to weather—something not within their control.
- Rome Day Tour € 75 at 9:30 a.m. Daily
- Rome Night Tour € 65 at 4:30 p.m. Daily (except Friday and Saturday)
Rome By Segway 5 out of 5 stars (2,025+ reviews)
Guests really enjoyed the guides' knowledge and sense of humor on these tours. A few guests mentioned the appreciated the 30-minute safety demonstration prior to the start of the tour. Guests also mentioned that they felt one-on-one attention from the guides—especially when they didn't feel completely balanced on their Segways. Everyone also appreciated the helpful tips at the end that included restaurant recommendations.
Rome by Segway only received one negative review on TripAdvisor- quite impressive!
- Rome in One Day Tour € 150 at 9:30 a.m. Daily
- Rome by Night Tour € 80 at 7:30 p.m. Daily
- Vatican + Ancient Tour Combo € 159 at 9:30 a.m. Daily
- Ancient Tour € 80 at 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Daily
- Best of Rome Tour € 80 at 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Daily
Segway Fun Rome 5 out of 5 stars (870+ reviews)
English-speaking guests loved that the guides were fluent in English. They found all guides to be funny, charming and informative. Reviewers appreciated that the guides did a great job of catering to the needs of everyone in the group. Guests also appreciated seeing the greatest hits in Rome as well as some of the little-known local favorites. Families and couples reviewed this company the highest, while solo travelers trailed behind at a close third. Segway Fun Rome has only received four negative reviews, and none of the reviews had a common theme; all seemed to be one-off issues.
- Grand City Tour € 70 at 10:30 a.m. Daily
- Panoramic Night Tour € 70 at 7:30 p.m. Daily
Rolling Rome Tours 5 out of 5 stars (430+ reviews)
Reviewers appreciated that the guides understood as much about the safety procedures of Segways as they did about the history of Rome. Guides added personal touches to tours with bits of humor and small anecdotes. Many guests commented on the "secret" places they never would have found without their guides. The nighttime Rome tour in particular received great reviews. Guests loved that the city was completely transformed at night. First-time riders and old pros equally enjoyed the tour and felt the 15-minute tutorial at the beginning was just enough time to learn about the equipment. Rolling Rome has never received a negative review!
- Ancient Rome € 75 at 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Daily
- Rome City € 75 at 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Daily
- Rome by Night € 75 at 6:30 p.m. Daily
- Rome in a Day € 150 at 9:30 a.m. Daily
Segway Rome Tours 5 out of 5 stars (495+ reviews)
Customers reviewed the customer service staff at Segway Rome Tours by stating that they'd never received such amazing customer service before. Reviewers were happy that the guide was flexible enough to wait for late comers. Many customers also commented that the guide was happy to customize the tour to fit the interests of the group. Couples rated this company highest, but families and groups of friends also loved the special attention each guide paid to individual members. Segway Rome Tours has never received a negative rating!
- Historic Tour € 75 at 10:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. Daily
- Lovely Tour € 50 at 10:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. Daily
- Classic Tour € 50 at 10:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. Daily
- Night Tour € 75 at 7:00 p.m. Daily
Bici & Baci Tours 4.5 out of 5 stars (850+ reviews)
Bici & Baci specializes in bike, Segway, e-bike, and Vespa tours. Guests loved the variety of the content of tours. Reviewers mentioned specifically that the guides were extremely patient answer questions about the history of Rome and regarding how to use the Segways. One guest even noted that the guide was able to make Rome interesting—even in unseasonably cold weather. This company has only received one negative review for its Segway tours—not enough to make a concise critique.
- Imperial Tour € 65 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. Daily
- Borghese Tour € 65 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. Daily
- Baroque Rome € 75 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. Daily
- Trastevere Tour € 75 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. Daily
Rex Tours 5 out of 5 stars (1,180+ reviews)
Couples reviewed Rex Tours the highest; families were a close second. Guests loved that they could make stops for gelato and wine on this tour and that tours were catered to their individual needs. Guests also mentioned that they were happy to realize they could go virtually anywhere by Segway that they could go on foot. Reviewers specifically mentioned that they loved that the company capped off the groups at a semi-private size. Rex Tours has never received a bad review!
- Rome in a Day € 149 (including lunch) 9:30 a.m. Daily
- Ancient Rome € 79 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Daily
- Rome City € 79 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Daily
- Rome by Night € 79 7:30 pm Daily
- Trastevere Tour € 79 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Daily
Get a look at their Ancient Rome Tour via Segway!