This tour is a curated history of Boston, from its meager beginnings with the strict Puritans all the way to the bustling HUB we now call Boston.
Guests, in addition to seeing the majority of the Freedom Trail, will hear the story of our growth into Colonial times, they’ll see the site where the winds of revolution started in the 1760s, the great and wealthy colonial rulers’ Beacon Hill, our famous Statehouse and much more...
The tour covers the boom of the 1800s, sites from the underground railroad and the long fight of abolitionists and freemen who fought against slavery.
We will meet the Boston Brahmins (wealthy blue bloods) brave African American Civil War heros and the Writers from Emerson, Dickens, Whitman and Poe who worked to create the ‘Athens of America.”
Along the way, we will explore many lesser known things like:
- Kennedys Love Nest
- Rough Old Scollay Square
- The growth of the Irish, and other diverse ethnic groups as the all-important Newspaper Row and much more!
- This is a different, fascinating walk through historical Boston you will not want to miss.
Other tour sites seen:
- The Boston Common
- The Robert Gould Shaw 54 th Regiment Monument.
- Many revolutionary and colonial sites including the Tea Party and Boston Massacre.
- The Kennedys’ “secret” love nest.
- The Brahmins Private Library.
- The Parker house, site of the 1800s most esteemed literary gathering
- Our lovable rascal, Mayor James Michael Curley
Reservations: REQUIRED. Click here to reserve. Groups of 6 or more must contact us before booking.
WHERE: Meet your guide at Boston Common outside the Park St. MBTA Station
The tour ends at the James Michael Curley Statue next to Faneuil Hall.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours. Tour distance is approximately 1 mile (1.6K)
When: View our full tour schedule.
This tour runs year-round
Cost: This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it's done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for anyone's budget.
Save even more money with a Boston tourist discount pass.