The Chicago Theatre is an original movie palace from the 1920s that now serves as a Landmark for Chicago’s hottest ticketed live events.
Patrons come from all over the world to see performances, but did you know that you can explore the theatre, and even go backstage without being a groupie?
Book a guided tour to see and learn about the beautiful, historic Chicago Theatre with the Marquee Tour!
- Adults: $18
- Students and Military: $13
- Children (12 & under): $13
- Groups (10+): $12. For more information on group tickets, call 312.462.6302
Guests 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Groups of 10 or more save on ticket prices.
Pro Tip: The Marquee Tour is free with a purchase of the GoCity Chicago Card, which means cardholder's admission costs are covered! Interested? Find out more about Go Chicago Cards and City Pass. Goldstar is also offering 50% off tour tickets.
12 pm Tours Daily (year-round)
Duration: 1 hour
- Explore the lobby, orchestra, first and second-tier balconies, stage, backstage and dressing room including an autographed wall of stars.
- Learn about the history of the building, from its origins as a movie theatre in 1921, all the way to its current renovation as a premier events venue.
- Architectural highlights include neo-baroque interiors, a grand staircase reflective of the Paris Opera House, the 3,600 seating house, crystal chandeliers, Tiffany and Steuben glass fixtures, and an original Grand Wurlitzer pipe organ.
- Stand on stage! See what the performers see, and feel what it might be like to perform for such a grand audience.
- Learn more.
Pro-tip: When viewing the autographed wall backstage, can you find Dolly Parton’s signature? How about Frank Sinatra?
How to Get There
Located in The Loop, the Chicago Theatre is within walking distance of many popular downtown hotels.
175 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60601 (map)
- Red Line- Lake Station
- Brown|Green|Orange - State/Lake Stop
- Bus - #29 State Street, #36 Broadway, #62 Archer, #145 Wilson/Michigan, #146 Marine/Michigan
- Interpark parking garage located on Wabash Avenue and Randolph Street.
- Theatre District parking garage located on Dearborn Avenue and Lake Street.
We hope you enjoy your tour! You may also enjoy our self-guided walking tour of Chicago’s Theatre District.