This post explains how to get free tickets for The Daily Show With Trevor Noah.
This show is very popular which means that getting tickets will require some advanced planning on your part. We lay out all the information below.
- How to Get Tickets in Advance
- Plan Your Attendance
- Standby Tickets
- Other TV Show Tapings
- Things to Do in NYC
- Free Tours By Foot
The Daily Show tapes Monday through Thursday at 4:00 pm.
The whole experience, from the time you are seated until the taping ends, is approximately 90 minutes.
To request free tickets, go to the 1Iota website, the hub to request free tickets for many TV shows in NYC.
Here you will find a calendar that tells you which dates are available or sold out. It will look like this:
Once you decide on a date, just click on it, and you will then be asked to choose how many tickets you want.
Select the number of tickets and then click "Next". You will then be asked to register with 1Iota. There is no cost to do so.
You will then be asked to enter your contact information and date of birth (all guests must be 18 years old or over).
Once you have registered you can confirm your request for tickets.
You will be notified via email when your tickets are approved.
Your ticket will be an e-ticket and you do not need to print it, you can simply show your phone when you arrive.
Like other TV show tapings, your ticket does not guarantee entry, so get there early!
Tip: Tickets are free, so avoid anyone who tries to sell you one.
So you’ve got your reservations, and you’re ready to go, but there are some things you should know before you head out the door.
Where is the studio?
The studio is at studio is located in Hell’s Kitchen at 733 Eleventh Avenue between 51st and 52nd Streets.
You can use this Google Maps link to get directions from your point of departure to the studio.
We recommend that you use public transportation to get there, as there is not much parking in the area.
If you are new to using the subway you may find our post Navigating the New York Subway to be very helpful.
TIP: Since you will be in the neighborhood, enjoy our free Self-guided tour of Hell's Kitchen.
When to arrive
The show starts taping at 4 pm. You should arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the check-in deadline listed at the top of your e-ticket
The studio admits people in the order of their place in line. It's first-come, first-serve basis.
When the studio is filled completely, you won't be admitted so make sure to get on line well before 5 pm.
Rules of Attendance
- There is no official dress code, however, TV tapings prefer that you show up looking clean and tidy
- You may not bring recording devices of any kind.
- Photography or any video recording is not permitted during the seating process or the show.
- You must be 18 years or older with proof of age.
- There are no bathroom breaks during the show. Please use the bathroom prior to your entrance to the studio.
- Audience members must stay for the entire show so as to not disturb the equipment and crew on the floor during the taping.
- There is no place to store luggage or big bags, so best to leave them at your hotel.
- TIP: For prohibited bags or luggage, see our post about bag and luggage storage to find out more. There are many options all over NYC to store your bags safely and cheaply even for just a few hours!
The Daily Show does not give out Stand-By tickets.
However, the ticket reservation website updates ticket availability daily, so try your luck at getting same-day or next-day tickets on their website.
You may find shows that still have tickets available for the very next day!