How to Get Free Tickets to the Daily Show with Trevor Noah
This post explains how to get free tickets for The Daily Show With Trevor Noah. This show is very popular which means that getting tickets will require some advanced planning on your part. We lay out all the information below.
If you really love Trevor Noah, you should check out our post on Things to Do in November, when the New York Comedy Festival happens. Trevor Noah is often one of the headline acts.
- How to Get Tickets in Advance
- Plan Your Attendance
- Standby Tickets
- Other TV Show Tapings
- Things to Do in NYC
- Free Tours By Foot
The show tapes Monday through Thursday at 5:45 p.m. Taping begins at 6 pm and ends at approximately 8:30 pm.
To attend a taping make a reservation website. It is not impossible to get tickets to this very popular show, but don’t build your vacation around it.
Once you have your travel dates, check their website to see what dates are available. The calendar posted is usually for dates the following month.
For example, if you are traveling in May, you would look at the reservation website in April.
If tickets are not available at the time you try to make a reservation, continue to check the website – sometimes more reservations become available for your desired date.
TIP: You can sign up here for email alerts so that you know when tickets become available.
Reserving your tickets
Go to the reservation website where you will see a calendar of dates to choose from. Click on a date to see if tickets are available.
There are TWO kinds of tickets: General Guaranteed and Entry Not Guaranteed
General Guaranteed (These tickets sell out first).
- You are guaranteed a seat in the show.
- You must check-in at the studio between 4:30 pm but no later than 5:00 pm.
- Arriving after 5:00 pm voids your guarantee and you will have to join the back of the Entry Not Guaranteed line.
Entry Not Guaranteed (These are more likely to be available on the website)
- This ticket type does not guarantee entry but will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You will be admitted in the order of your place in line at check-in until studio capacity is met.
For both kinds of tickets, you can reserve up to four tickets in your name and you must be one of the people actually attending the taping. If you can’t go with your group, none of them will get in–even with a ticket.
Note: Tickets are free so do not buy or accept tickets from anyone other than those you receive from The Daily Show ticket website.
So you’ve got your reservations, you’re ready to go, but there are some things you should know before you head out the door.
Where Is the Studio?
The studio is at the studio is located in Hell’s Kitchen at 733 Eleventh Avenue between 51st and 52nd Streets. You can use this Google Maps link to get directions from your point of departure to the studio.
We recommend that you use public transportation to get there, as there is not much parking in the area.
If you are new to using the subway you may find out post Navigating the New York Subway to be very helpful.
TIP: Since you will be in the neighborhood, enjoy our free Self-guided tour of Hell’s Kitchen.
When to arrive
If you have a General Guaranteed Reservation, be sure to check-in starting at 4:30 but no later than 5 pm or you will not be guaranteed a seat. Enter the studio along 11th Avenue between 51st and 52nd Street.
If you have an Entry Not Guaranteed, check-in begins at 5:00 pm at the 52nd Street entrance to the studio.
The studio admits people in the order of their place in line – first-come, first serve basis.
When the studio is filled completely, you won’t be admitted so make sure to get on line well before 5 pm.
Rules of Attendance
- There is no official dress code, however, TV tapings prefer that you show up looking clean and tidy
- You may not bring recording devices of any kind.
- Photography or any video recording is not permitted during the seating process or the show.
- You must be 18 years or older with proof of age.
- There are no bathroom breaks during the show. Please use the bathroom prior to your entrance to the studio.
- Audience members must stay for the entire show so as to not disturb the equipment and crew on the floor during the taping.
- There is no place to store luggage or big bags, so best to leave them at your hotel. TIP: For prohibited bags or luggage, see our post about bag and luggage storage to find out more. There are many options all over NYC to store your bags safely and cheaply even for just a few hours!
The Daily Show does not give out Stand-By tickets. However, the ticket reservation website updates ticket availability daily, so try your luck at getting same day or next day tickets on their website. You may find shows that still have tickets available for the very next day!