Whether you're arriving or departing at Union Station in Chicago, there are several luggage storage options available, and this post provides details about each service.
UNION STATION CHICAGO LUGGAGE STORAGE
Chicago Union Train Station, a major transportation hub in Chicago, typically offers luggage storage facilities for passengers who need to store luggage/suitcases temporarily.
Storage in parcel check is available for a fee of $10 per bag
Baggage storage services are also available in The Metropolitan Lounge.
It is available exclusively to Amtrak’s Business Class, Sleeping Car, Guest Rewards Select Plus, or Select Executive members.
It is open during the following hours:
- Monday–Friday 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Storage is included in the convenience fee of $35 for a day pass.
It's worth noting that if you've brought more than 3 pieces of luggage, the more exclusive option is actually cheaper than the regular storage options.
NOTE: The shared luggage storage options covered below offer much lower prices, and they also offer insurance on your baggage!
Most travelers on TripAdvisor have indicated that the luggage storage at this station is very easy to use, and many visitors recommend the Metropolitan Lounge, as they have a secure baggage storage area with cameras.
One reviewer left a very helpful tip: storage space is limited, so make sure to check your luggage in as early as possible.
OTHER BAG STORAGE OPTIONS - (the sharing economy method)
Chicago offers various luggage storage options, including shared economy storage (Airbnb method) through apps or platforms providing more flexibility and convenience to the visitors.
If you can't find a space in the luggage lockers of Union Station, here are some options you can consider:
- Radical Storage
- Nanny Bag
Prices start at just $5 per bag, per day. Most companies offer at least $2,000 of insurance on your luggage.
To learn more about all these options, click here.
NEARBY PLACES TO VISIT AFTER DROPPING YOUR LUGGAGE
- Millennium Park and Cloud Gate (The Bean)
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Navy Pier
- Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
- Maggie Daley Park
- Grant Park
- Chicago River
- Chicago Cultural Center
- The Chicago Theatre
- River North Gallery District
- The Loop District
Click here to read our blog post about other tourist attractions and free things to do in Chicago.
HOTELS NEAR UNION STATION CHICAGO
Chicago Union Station is in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago, and there are several hotels in the vicinity that provide convenient accommodation options for travelers using the station.
If you should decide to stay in the area, a hotel would be an excellent alternative to luggage storage, because you can just keep your belongings in your room!
Here are some of the most popular options for finding a hotel near Union Station Chicago:
- Moxy Chicago Downtown: 530 N LaSalle Dr, Chicago, IL 60654
- The Publishing House Bed and Breakfast: 108 N May St, Chicago, IL 60607
- Hyatt House Chicago / West Loop - Fulton Market: 105 N May St, Chicago, IL 60607
- Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop: 733 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60661
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown West Loop: 116 N Jefferson St, Chicago, IL 60661
- Aloft Chicago Downtown River North: 515 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/West Loop: 123 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60661
- Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Loop: 11 S LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60603
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Downtown Chicago: 600 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Kimpton Gray Hotel: 122 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603
These hotels offer various amenities and price ranges, so you can choose based on your preferences and budget.
To read our full post on luggage storage in Chicago, visit here.