Welcome to Free Tours by Foot Rome. We offer free, self-guided tours, audio tours as well as pay-what-you-like guided walks throughout Rome. We also offer tips on how to get around the city, how to explore the city’s foods, as well as recommendations on other guided tours that you should consider taking. Click on the links below to jump to any particular section.
Rome is a city that can easily and efficiently be explored on foot (with a little help from public buses, the subway, and taxis). We have organized the walking tours content by how most companies offer tours, sometimes by theme and sometimes by neighborhood. Currently, we are not offering our own pay-what-you-like guided walking tours of Rome, but in each section, we do provide a self-guided tour, or an audio tour, for a free, do-it-yourself experience, which could also be used as a preview of what you will see on a guided tour.
- How to Use Romes Metro (Subway, Bus, Tram)
- How to Get to and from Fiumicino Airport
- Which Are the Best Rome Discount Cards
- How to Visit the Vatican Museums + Sistine Chapel
- How to Visit St. Peter’s Basilica
- Tips on Visiting the Colosseum, the Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Which Rome Bus Tours are Best?
- Top 10 Rome Walking Tours
- Tips on Visiting the Pantheon
- Tips on Visiting the Spanish Steps