Of the several places to ice skate in London, one of the loveliest is at Somerset House, where the courtyard of a gorgeous 17th-century building is transformed into an ice rink.
Under the sparkling lights of a 40-foot (12 m) Christmas tree, gliding on the ice at Somerset House is something magical.
Even better, in the evenings you can indulge in chocolate truffles and champagne. Concerts and DJs play music as well.
Somerset House is located in Aldwych. The closest tube station is Temple.
Other nearby stations are Covent Garden, Charing Cross, Embankment, Blackfriars and Waterloo.
Use this Google map for directions there.
- Dates: November 2022 - February 2023, exact dates yet to be announced.
- Open Hours: 10 am to 10 pm.
- Skating sessions are 45 minutes long.
- Adult - starting from £11.00
- Child - starting from £8.50. A child must be 12 years or under and must be accompanied by an adult on the ice.
- Spectators are welcome for free.
- Family Discount: A 10% family discount will be automatically applied to orders for groups of four (where there are two adults and two children aged 12 and under, or one adult and three children aged 12 and under).
Other Things To Do At Christmas
There are several wonderful ice skating rinks in London beside Somerset House. See our list of the best places for ice skating in London.
Be sure to make time to see the gorgeous Christmas Lights around the city.
For more things to do around the holidays, take a look at our full guide to Christmas in London!