Virtual Tours of New York City
Understandably, it’s not possible to visit NYC right now, with the coronavirus (Covid-19) effectively shutting down most travel.
It’s a shame, as we know that some of you had to cancel your travel plans.
In response, we have put together this resource of virtual tours available in NYC, including neighborhood video tours, audio tours (that you can follow along with on Google Street View), as well as virtual museum tours.
Let these resources transport you here and experience the Big Apple.
We really like these videos. Most are created by Tom Delgado, a licensed NYC tour guide, comedian, musician, and actor.
He also leads tours for us, Free Tours by Foot, so in the future, check him out live on one of our tours or on his website or YouTube channel.
Here is a recent virtual tour that he created called “Crossing the Brooklyn Bridge”. We’ve listed 6 more of his tours below.
- Grand Central – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZF_-XDHZDc
- Financial District – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U38lYwW5m3w
- Chinatown – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnNKdvWe-E
- Little Italy – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o11bjURFBkU
- DUMBO – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xHFHkPPh0 – a co-production with ActionKid
- Brooklyn Heights – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djApjnwAOEI – a co-production with ActionKid
HERE ARE A FEW MORE VIRTUAL VIDEO TOURS
- Central Park – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvSfVndkRVA – this is ActionKid by himself (I can’t find anything better)
- Greenwich Village – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCRS9pJzgg8 – ActionKid with Here Be Barr
- SoHo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApyzWfxN8Y – This is just ActionKid
Some other sources:
We also recommend the virtual tours from the New York Landmarks Conservancy, called Tourist in Your Own Town.
- The Frick Collection
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- American Museum of Natural History
- Transit Museum
- Street Art
- Carnegie Hall
- 9/11 Memorial
- High Line
- Central Park
- Grand Central
- Multiple sights in NYC like SOL, Seaport
We have recorded some of our best tour guides giving their tours and put them on a GPS enabled app.
Now, you don’t need to be here to use them. Each tour has a map and images, but we recommend following the tours on Google Street View, which will give you a 360 view of the surroundings at each stop.
These tours are more in-depth than the video tours. You will feel like you are on one of our guided walks.
- Central Park
- Lower Manhattan
- 9/11 Memorial and World Trade Center
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Greenwich Village
- Food Tour of Greenwich Village
- The Brooklyn Bridge (in English, Spanish, and German)
- Brooklyn Heights
- The High Line
- Midtown Manhattan
- Grand Central Terminal
Available Without Audio (full text):
- Times Square