Brixton London Tours | Food, Street Art and Culture
Brixton to many is a place they know for the wrong reasons, the riots of the 1980’s. Will Smith recently visited saying he wanted to see London’s version of Harlem. Brixton once closed off to locals and visitors, now welcomes everyone to the neighbourhood to live in.
Join us off the beaten trail. Brixton is dedicated to the consummate foodie, market, art and music lovers. We’ll take you on a journey into the culturally cool historic quarter of Brixton. You will sample the culinary delights of the indigenous people of Brixton, Caribbean, South American and Portuguese. As we walk around this very exciting and colourful district you will hear stories about the commissioned murals, visit a Graffiti hall of fame, it’s musical influences and immigration of the area.
Sights and Topics We Cover on the Brixton Tour:
- We visit Brixton’s famous indoor and outdoor markets.
- Sample Organic Chocolate
- Eat and drink in London’s foodie capital, sample food from around the world English, Caribbean, Colombian, possibly London’s best pizza and much more.
- Visit Community Projects
- Hangout and drink a locally crafted beer.
- Walk around a thriving Arts District, Graffiti, Street Art and Murals
- Experience the Caribbean/African/South American and Portuguese Communities
- Use the local currency: Brixton £
Reservations: Required. Click here to reserve.
Where: By the David Bowie Memorial Mural next to Brixton Underground Station. Please use Google Map for directions to the tour.
The tour ends within walking distance of the Stockwell Station.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours.
Cost: This tour is free to take, and you get to decide what, if anything, the tour was worth when it’s done. A name-your-own-price tour is a tour for anyone’s budget.