Educational Tours of Dubai for Schools, Colleges, Universities and Institutions
Our Educational Tours are designed to instill a sense of curiosity among children for the local history and culture of the UAE. We bring over a decade worth of experience in organizing fun and interactive tours for students of all ages around Europe and America and now in the Middle East. Our student travel advisers ensure that elements of the curriculum are incorporated into the tour. This allows students to experience first hand, what they have learned in class.
Tour Itinerary Include:
- Bedouin Camp
- Coffee Museum
- Al Fahidi Fort (from the outside)
- Museums in newly renovated Shindagha Historic Neighborhood
- Abra ride across Dubai Creek
- Textile, Spice & Gold Souks
- Detailed presentation on pearling and Bedouin life in the Past
- Activities: Scavenger Hunt and post card writing activity
Duration: Typically a tour last 2-3 Hours. The duration depends on the itinerary finalized between the Group Leader and our team.
Tour Cost: Please email us for tour cost and additional info on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour Starting Point:
The school is responsible for transportation to the tour.
School Tour FAQ
- Is there a minimum/maximum number of students? No.
- How many adults (teachers and parents) can come along? As many you see fit.
- Can you provide transportation by car or bus? Sorry, no. We cannot provide transportation for school tours.
- Do we have to pay in advance? Yes, full payment in advance is required to confirm a tour.
- Do you have the required safety and risk assessment documentation and experience? Yes, we absolutely do.
- Which schools have been on your tours in the past? Over 16 GEMS schools, Kent College, Ranches Primary School, Collegiate American School, North London Collegiate School, Scholars International Academy and Swiss International School, Scholars are some of the 40 schools in Dubai that we have had in the recent past.
- What is your cancellation/refund policy for school tours? Less than 1 week notice is non-refundable. Within 14 days is subject to 50% cancellation fee.
- In addition to Old Dubai Tour, what other tours can we bring our students on? We offer many customized experiences studying art, architecture and culture throughout Dubai. Another popular tour is Downtown Dubai where we study up close the architecture of Burj Khalifa, Dubai Opera and Dubai Mall. Please email us and we will make suggestions based on your interest.
Tour Planning & Content
We can design a tour as per the requirements of the curriculum and interests of the students. From Old Dubai, Pearl Diving and Trade, to Bedouin Life and to the major developments in Dubai history, our tours are famous for the depth of knowledge they delve into.
In the past, some of the themes that our tours have focused on are:
Old Dubai, life in the desert and how Dubai came to be what it is today
Old Dubai and its contrast with New Dubai
Homes, bedouin tents and Old Dubai Architecture
Treasures, pearls and spices of Old Dubai
Adventurers and explorers of Old Dubai
Art & Architecture in Modern Dubai
Scavenger Hunt: Student groups spot the items asked to them and return with the flags placed at the spot. The winning group members are given prizes.
Post Card Writing Activity: After the visit to the Dubai Museum, we have a short activity at the foyer of the museum, where the students write a postcard to their loved ones telling them about their learning from the field trip.
Our guides are rigorously trained to be student friendly. They are also trained to ensure student safety during our trips. Our operations team are always available during a tour and keep track of the tour till it’s over. We use face masks, face shields, distance the groups and offer regular sanitization while on tour. All our guides are fully vaccinated.
Some of our Educational School Tours at a glance:
The Story of Old Dubai Walking Tour
This is a 3-hour walking tour which takes place in the historic Al Fahidi & Bastakiya region of Old Dubai.
In this tour, we focus on introducing students to Dubai’s past and how its economy was back in the 1900s. We talk about the Bedouin life and take them through the Coffee Museum, explaining the importance of coffee in UAE and coffee origin. We shed light on the importance of the Bastakiya region and what role it played in Dubai’s Development.
Recently, we have provided school tours to North London Collegiate Schoool, GEMS Winchester, Swiss International, GEMS Al Barsha, Collegiate American School, Nibras International School, GEMS National School, Kent College Dubai and Ranches Primary School, Dubai.
The students can also have a fun Abra ride and head to the Spice Souk to learn about the different spices used in UAE and their origin.
The students are given certificates of participation at the end of the tour.