This post is about tips on visiting The Edge, an observation deck located in Hudson Yards Manhattan, with tips on tickets, discounts, and how to plan your visit.
Disclosure: While our recommendations are always unbiased, we may receive a small share of sales through some of the links below at no cost to you. See the full text.
There are two types of tickets: General Admission and Edge Flex Pass.
Both types of tickets include:
- a 360° New York views from the indoor deck on Level 100
- access to the highest outdoor sky deck in the Western Hemisphere
- access to the Glass Floor, Angled Glass Walls, Skyline Steps, and Eastern Point
- a free digital souvenir photo
- unlimited time to visit
General Admission tickets give you a specific date/time slot that you can enter the Edge.
The Edge Flex Pass allows you to enter at any time on your selected date.
There are also add-ons available, like a glass of champagne for $16 and a personalized photo book for $22.
The prices below are for online, in advance tickets.
- Adult (13-61) $38
- Child (6-12) $33
- Child 5 and under are free
- Senior (62+) $36
Edge Flex Pass Prices
- Adult (13-61) $58
- Child (6-12) $53
- Child 5 and under are free
- Senior (62+) $56
All tickets are subject to the NY Sales tax of approximately 9%. All sales are final
TIP: General admission tickets are included for free with the purchase of the New York Sightseeing Pass and the New York Flex Pass. Read our discount section below.
This section will provide a list of discounts you can use to save some money on tickets for Edge.
We'll also include details about deals that may not currently be available that you might want to call and ask about before making a decision.
1. NYC City Passes
Why pick which view you want to experience the most when you can literally enjoy them all for one flat price?
These passes work by bundling together dozens of attractions and tours into one discounted price. They can save you up to 55% off of retail ticket prices.
Read our post comparing the various discount passes to see which one, if any, is best for you.
2. New York Sightseeing Pass Deals
In addition to being offered by other tourist passes, both the New York Sightseeing Pass and the New York Flex Pass provide not only admission to Edge Observation Deck, but also several discounts at The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards.
Here are all the deals you can enjoy with these passes:
- AG Adriano Goldschmied | 20% off
- Atelier Cologne | Free gift w/ $135 purchase
- Athleta | 20% off one full price item
- Bluestone Lane | 15% off
- Camp | One free kids activity
- Cartier | Free glass of champagne
- Dylan's Candy Bar | $5 off purchase of $25
- Fendi | Free styling session
- H&M | 20% off one item
- Jo Malone | 15% off purchase of $200
- Kiehl's | Free consultation and deluxe sample w/ purchase
- Li-Lac Chocolates | Free chocolate bar w/ purchase
- Mack Weldon | Free gift w/ purchase of $100
- Mercado Little Spain | $5 off purchase of $25
- Molton Brown | Free consultation and gift bag
- Origins | Free sample w/ purchase
- Pandora | 10% off purchase of $125
- Ray Ban | 20% off your entire purchase
- Scanlan Theodore | Free glass of champagne
- Suitsupply | Free styling appointment and basic alterations
- Tumi | Free monogramming on some purchases
- Vitra Eyewear | 50% off all Rx lenses
If you're planning to visit any of these stores while you're in the area, this pass could help you save a few extra bucks.
3. Military Discount
There is a discount for active and retired members of the U.S. military.
To book, please contact customer service at (332) 204-8500. You can also email them via their website.
4. New York City residents
Receive a $2 discount when you buy an adult ticket online.
5. Combo Packages
There are a few combo packages that allow you to save money by combining tickets for Edge with admission to other popular attractions in NYC:
- Edge + Statue of Liberty
- Edge + Rockefeller & Times Square Tour
- Edge + 9/11 Memorial Museum or Statue of Liberty
Make sure to compare prices, because while some combo packages will provide a decent discount, others aren't as good of a deal.
6. Discount Sites
In addition to whatever discount they may offer, you can usually save an extra 10% - 20% off local activities using one of their coupon codes, which they will display in a banner at the top of the page.
7. Senior Discount
Visitors who are over the age of 62 will be eligible for a $2 discount on all tickets. All you have to do is provide proof of your age!
8. Children's Discount
Parents with children between the ages of 6 - 12 can save an extra $5 on all tickets. Children 5 and under will actually be granted free entry!
9. Student Discount
Unfortunately, there currently are no student discounts available for Edge. This could change in the future, and you should call and ask them before purchasing a ticket just to make sure.
10. Teacher Discount
There is no discount for educators/professors at the moment, but that could change in the future. Call ahead and ask about this type of discount just to make sure.
11. Ticket Holder Discounts
Once you have a ticket, you might be surprised to learn it actually includes a shopping and dining pass.
All you have to do is show your pass at the included locations and you'll enjoy a lower price at several shops and restaurants, including the following opportunities:
- Dylan's Candy Bar (Hudson Yards) - $5 off $25, $10 off $50, and $20 off $100 purchase.
- Brooks Brothers (Hudson Yards) - $25 off any full-price item purchase of $150 or more.
- H&M (Hudson Yards) - $20% off one item.
- Pandora (Hudson Yards) - 10% off purchase of $125 or more.
- Ray-Ban (Hudson Yards) - 15% off any purchase.
- Li-Lac Chocolates (Hudson Yards) - Free chocolate bar with any purchase.
- Bouchon Bakery (Hudson Yards) - Free brownie with a purchase of $10 or more.
- Hudson Yards Grill - Free glass of Prosecco with Dinner Entree.
- Bar Stanley at Nieman Marcus (Hudson Yards) - 20% off your entire dining experience, excluding alcohol.
- Learn more about all the discounts.
Where is Edge?
At 30 Hudson Yards, on the west side of Midtown Manhattan at the southwest corner of 33rd Street and 10th Avenue, right on the bank of the Hudson River.
Use this Google link to map directions from your starting location.
Starting March 11, 2020, Edge will be open every day 365 days a year from 8 am - Midnight.
The nearby Vessel at Hudson Yards is worth a visit! It is open every day from 10 am to 9 pm.
Read our post on how to get tickets to The Vessel.
WHY CHOOSE EDGE OBSERVATION DECK?
With so many different observation decks in New York City, you might wonder what exactly makes Edge better than all the rest.
Truth be told, we like all of them, but there are elements of Edge that make it unique from all the other decks in the city.
Here are a few reasons you might want to consider Edge over another similar attraction.
One thing Edge has that is unique among all the observation decks in New York City is its glass floor.
This might actually be a turn-off for some visitors, but luckily this feature only takes up a small portion of the overall deck, so you don't have to walk over it or look down.
That said, if you're interested in the thrill, this is an excellent chance to get a look at NYC from over 1,000 feet above the street!
Tickets Include Discounts
Each Edge ticket can be used for additional discounts at the shops and restaurants of Hudson Yards.
Even if you're not planning to do much shopping, there are a few deals that allow you to get a free chocolate bar or brownie just for making one small purchase.
If you're looking for a snack either before or after your visit to this observation deck, these discounts could save you a bit of money while you're grabbing a bite to eat.
Great Views of Other Notable Buildings
In addition to the elements that make this observation deck unique, you can also expect excellent views of famous sites like the Empire State Building, One World Trade Center, and the Chrysler Building.
Visit the Vessel
Also located at Hudson Yards, this attraction is an interesting monument designed by Thomas Heatherwick Studio.
Unlike other monuments in New York City, this is one you can climb. There are actually around 2,500 individual steps up the tower and 80 different landings.
Best of all, they actually offer free tickets to this attraction, so you might get the chance to visit without paying a dime!
Find out more on our post covering The Vessel.
There will be plenty of retail, dining, and other amenities in the Hudson Yards complex. The restaurants will be a diverse mix of cuisines from around the world brought by big-name chefs.
The high-class Rhubarb will have two spaces in the complex, one of which will be on the Observation Deck. The restaurant is well-known throughout London and often caters to upscale events - even for the royal family.
A more down-to-earth dining option will be The Grill, which will boast a mouth-watering burger, salads, sushi, and pasta.
Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee will offer ethically sourced, organic coffee and vegan bakery items.
Other restaurants will include Spanish tapas, Greek seafood, and Japanese cuisine.