This post explains how you can get free tickets for Late Night with Seth Meyers, including standby or rehearsal show tickets.
We also include what you need to know before you arrive for taping.
- How to Request Tickets
- Attending the Show
- Standby + Rehearsal Tickets
- Other TV Show Tapings in NYC
- Other Things to Do in NYC
The show tapes Monday-Thursday (excluding hiatus weeks) at 4:00 pm. The show is airs weeknights 12:35 am - 1:35 am
Tickets are usually released about a month in advance, for example, tickets for June tapings will become available at the beginning of May.
When you know your trip dates, go to their ticket calendar, see what dates are available, and submit your request.
A few things to keep in mind when you are requesting tickets:
- There is a 4 ticket limit per request. If there are more than 4 in your group, and you make separate requests, you could be turned away.
- You can only request tickets once every 4 months.
- Everyone in your group must be at least 16 years old and must have a valid photo ID showing date of birth.
Once you have submitted your request, you are put on a waitlist. If your request is accepted, you will receive an email with instructions for confirming your e-ticket.
You can try for standby tickets or monologue rehearsal tickets (see below).
If you don't have any luck, why not try for another fun late-night show?
For even more shows, see our post Live TV Show Tapings in NYC.
To claim your tickets, everyone in your group must go to 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Enter the building using the 50 West 50th Street entrance (between 5th and 6th Aves).
Head up the grand staircase to the check-in desk. Audience check-in is between 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm.
Taping begins at about 4:00 pm and usually ends at 5:15 pm.
From the time you check in until the end of taping is approximately 3 hours long.
There are some rules you must abide by:
- Don't show up earlier than the check-in time on your e-confirmation.
- Don't be late! If you do, your seats may be given away to standby guests.
- Be prepared to go through a metal detector and a bag search prior to entering the waiting area.
- Cellphones and cameras must be powered down before entering the studio.
- No backpacks, luggage, or large shopping bags. If you do have a lot with you, you can store it cheaply in the vicinity. Read our post on where to store your bags.
- No weapons of any kind, mace, spray bottles, promotional items are allowed.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the waiting area or studio. However, bottled water is permitted.
** As of April 2022, all guests must show proof that they are fully vaccinated on the day of attendance and must follow all applicable COVID-19 protocols. See the show's website for complete details. **
Standby tickets do not guarantee entry into the show, but hey, why not try? Standby tickets are given out for that day’s show at 9 am.
Go to 30 Rockefeller Center at the 49th Street entrance between 5th and 6th Aves. An employee will hand out numbered standby tickets.
Only one ticket will be issued per person, and you must show a valid photo ID with a visible date of birth to prove you are at least 16 years old.
If you want to increase your odds of getting into the show standby, arrive before 9 am as other people may already be there waiting in the line.
If you don’t make it by 9 am, you can inquire about any remaining standby tickets at the NBC Experience Store.
Check out our guide of things to do in NYC for more ideas!