Versailles Tickets and Tours
This post provides information about visiting Versailles, including details about how to get tickets and opportunities to save money on admission. We also cover both guided and self-guided tour options!
The Palace of Versailles is one of the most spectacular landmarks in France, if not the world.
There’s so much to see at this Palace, we’ve created this guide to help you plan your visit to this historic site.
In addition to tours of the main palace, there are the famed Versailles gardens, the Marie Antoinette Estate, the Trianon palaces, the musical fountain shows, and more.
No matter what you want to see while you’re here, chances are there’s a ticket which includes access to most locations of interest.
There are also both guided and self-guided tours available which will provide a closer look and more details about Versailles.
If you’re working with a budget, there are also several deals on tickets to the Versailles Palace and other activities which we will cover in our discounts section.
There are several different types of tickets, each of which gives you access to varying parts of the estate.
Though you can purchase tickets in person at the ticket office, it is often cheaper and much easier (no lines!) to buy them online in advance.
Each of the tickets you can purchase ahead of time comes with an audio guide.
Some options also include admission to the gardens, the Marie Antoinette Estate, the Trianon Palaces, the Fountain Show and more.
- Audio guide for Palace of Versailles included.
- Admission to the gardens included.
- Musical Fountains Show not included.
- From €18 per person
- Includes entrance to the Palace of Versailles with audio guide and Gardens of Versailles except on the dates of the musical garden or musical fountains shows.
- Includes admission to the Marie Antoinette Estate and Trianon.
- Available for 1 or 2 days at a time.
- 1 Day: €20 per person | 2 Days: €25 per person
- Includes entrance to the Palace of Versailles, the gardens, an audio guide and the musical fountain show.
- Does not include a ticket to Marie Antoinette Estate or Trianons.
- €30 per person
- An excellent addition to the basic ticket which provides access to additional sites in the area.
- Includes admission to the gardens and temporary exhibitions held in Grand Trianon.
- Does not include admission to the Palace of Versailles, the fountain show or the garden show.
- €12 per person
In addition to these options, there are also several tickets that include skip-the-line guided tours, admission to the fountain show, and even breakfast inside the palace!
Here are a few of the best 3rd party tours of Versailles Palace:
- Includes transportation to Versailles via train.
- See the palace after everyone else has left.
- Includes access to the Versailles Gardens.
- See the King’s Apartment, War Room, Peace Room and Hall of Mirrors.
- €85/Adults | €83/Students | €80/Children
- Includes admission & tour of the Louvre.
- Includes admission & tour of Versailles Palace.
- See the Mona Lisa, Venus di Milo, Winged Victory and more.
- Discover the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Gardens and more.
- €139/Adults | €135/Students | €129/Children
For more details about these options, please check our section on guided tours of Versailles.
Please note that while many of the 3rd party tour operators also cover entrance fees to the Palace, some do not.
Make sure you know if you need to purchase a ticket separately before taking a tour.
This section will cover the best ways to save money on admission to the Palace of Versailles, including tourist passes, combo packages and more.
If you’re looking for a good way to save money on tickets to the Palace of Versailles, there are currently 5 tourist passes that offer admission to this attraction in addition to many other activities and tours.
Depending on how you use these passes, you could save anywhere from 20% – 50% off general admission prices for all attractions visited.
- The Paris Pass
- Paris Turbo Pass
- Paris Fast Pass
- Paris City Pass
- Paris Museum Pass
If you’re curious about some of the additional attractions included with these passes, here is a shortlist of some notable examples:
- The Louvre |
- Arc De Triomphe |
- The Orsay Museum |
- Hop on Hop off Bus Tour |
- Seine River Cruise |
- Musée Picasso |
- Opera Garnier Tour |
- Paris Aquarium |
- Montparnasse Tower |
- Grevin Wax Museum |
- and more!
For more information about these discount services, please read our post covering Paris tourist passes.
If you’re looking for an alternative to tourist passes, these packages combine admission to the Palace of Versailles with a few additional attractions, activities or tours.
Although you won’t save as much money with this option, combo deals at least offer you the chance for a discount without the need to plan out dozens of activities.
- Includes 2nd-floor access to Eiffel Tower.
- Covers admission for all four locations.
- The audio guide provided at Versailles and on the cruise.
- €89.90 per person
- Includes skip-the-line admission to the Louvre.
- Covers full Versailles trip w/ Gardens and Music Show.
- Provides private round trip transportation to and from Versailles.
- Expert guides will offer useful information about both locations.
- From €126 per person
- Includes admission to the Palace of Versailles and gardens.
- Includes entrance ticket to Monet’s house and gardens.
- Covers round trip transportation to and from each site.
- Tour guide will provide headsets to make sure you can hear them.
- From €139 per person
- Includes admission to the Palace of Versailles.
- Includes entrance to Grand and Petit Trianons.
- Includes entrance to Marie Antoinette’s Estate.
- Provides garden ticket on fountain days.
- Bike rental and tour guide included.
- Round trip train transport provided.
- €99 per person
Free Sundays at the Palace
On the first Sunday of every month from November to March, the Palace of Versailles offers admission to all visitors.
This is a great way to save a few euros on tickets, but you should expect large crowds.
Always Free Areas of the Grounds
Admission to the gardens is free on most days, with the exception of dates with planned musical fountains/musical gardens shows.
Children under 5 years old always get free admission to the gardens!
Here are a few other locations in the area and services that are free to access:
- The Coach Gallery
- The Estate of Marly
- The Royal Tennis Court
- Tours are free for kids under 10
- Audio guides are free to loan for anyone over the age of 8.
The Palace of Versailles and the Estate of Trianon offer free admission for the following groups of people:
- International visitors under the age of 18 (with ID)
- European Union residents under the age of 26 (with ID)
- Disabled people and the aids accompanying them (with proof of disability)
Certain visitors are eligible for discounted rates at the Palace of Versailles, Trianon and Marie Antoinette’s Estate.
This discount is available for subscribers or ticket holders of the Arras Musée des Beaux-Arts, SoFNAM members, visitors with large family reduction cards and anyone paying with a Chèques-Vacances.
The reduced rates are as follows:
- Palace of Versailles: €13 (€5 off)
- Palace of Trianon & Marie Antoinette’s Estate: €6 (€6 off)
Check discount sites such as Groupon to see if they are currently offering any deals on either admission to the Palace of Versailles or day trips which include the attraction.
In addition to any discounts they may offer, these sites also frequently offer coupon codes for an extra 10% – 20% off or more on local activities.
Before you make any purchases, check both the top and bottom of the page for any banners which may include coupons you can use to save even more money!
There are several tours available at and around Versailles which provide an interesting look at the historic location.
Some guided outings include transportation to and from the palace, so you don’t have to worry about paying for train or bus tickets.
Other guided tours include additional activities such as breakfast or lunch at the palace, a look at some of the secret rooms of Versailles, bike tours, segway tours, and even an after-hours experience!
Each of these outings includes transportation to and from Versailles Palace.
If you’re curious about some of these opportunities, please check this list of guided tours of Versailles for more details.