Weather in New Orleans in November
This post is about the weather in November in New Orleans, including what to expect for temperatures, how much rain, what to wear and things to do.
AVERAGE TEMPERATURES THROUGHOUT NOVEMBER
Early November normally sees the warm daytime high temperatures in the mid-70s F (24-25 C) with overnight or early morning lows in the comfortable upper 50s F (14-15C). Some days will see the mercury rise up into the upper 70s F (25-26C) or even the lower 80s F (27C).
As we approach the end of this month, afternoon high temperatures will more likely be in the mid to upper 60s F (about 20C) with early morning lows near 50 F (about 10C) with a few mornings dipping down into the low to mid-40s F (about 6C).
About once every few years temperatures can briefly dip to 32 F (0 C) or less.
SUN VS. RAIN
About 18 days this month will have sunny or at least partly sunny skies while the remaining 12 days will be mostly cloudy. About 7-8 days will likely have some rainfall with about 3 days having significant rainfalls of 1/2 inch (13mm) or more.
WHAT TO WEAR
The weather can range from summer-like to fall so best to dress for both. It can be warm enough for short-sleeve shirts on the warmer days but a sweater, windbreaker or light jacket will be needed on the cooler evenings and particularly towards the end of the month when evening temperatures can be quite chilly.
WHAT TO DO
This section lists our suggestions for the best things to do in New Orleans this month. You can find more detail for free activities, family-friendly things to do, and evening entertainment on our full post for Things to Do in NOLA in November.
TIP: When you purchase a tourist attraction discount pass, you can save up to 55% on retail attraction prices.
- Take a walking tour of NOLA.
- See a football or basketball game.
- Spend the evening at a major concert.
- See Dear Evan Hansen.
- Spend Thanksgiving at the fairgrounds or a delicious restaurant.
- Sample food and beer at Boudin, Bourbon & Beer festival.
- Find the best po-boys in the city.
- Attend a cheese festival.
- See life-sized hot wheels at a monster truck rally.
- Save money with an attraction discount pass.
- Luggage Storage in New Orleans
- Things to Do Year-Round in New Orleans
- Tourist Attraction Discount Passes
- Things to Do in NOLA in November