Uber | The Best Way to Get Around NYC
Part of the New York City experience is taking the subway – an easy way to get around the city, but with track work and closures, it’s not always the fastest. There is an alternative to the subway that’s better than trying to hail a cab and faster than using Citibike.
Uber is a car-sharing service that operates like a taxi, but is safer, cheaper, and more reliable. With just one click, guests can request an Uber driver to arrive at a specific location and with a specific type of vehicle. The cost of sharing an Uber for a family or group of friends is often less than the combined cost of individual subway or bus fares. In addition, Uber is 18% cheaper than a taxi ride.
We understand that using an unfamiliar car-sharing service can be intimidating, so we’ve provided some details about how Uber works. In addition, we’re very excited to share with our guests an exclusive promotional code that provides new users with $20 just for signing up! Simply type NYCbyFoot into the promo code box when registering and the $20 will automatically be added to your account!
What is Uber? Uber is a car-sharing service that was founded in San Francisco in 2009 and has since spread to over 70 cities. It operates as a safe and easy “taxi alternative.” The mobile app allows customers to pinpoint their location and also see the locations of Uber drivers nearby — including their estimated distance — so you can accurately plan when your Uber will arrive.
What are the benefits of using Uber?
- It’s easy! Simply download the app, create an account, and then order your order driver with just one click! First time users, don’t forget to use the promo code “NYCbyFoot” to get $20 added to your account for FREE!
- It’s cashless! Never again will you need to worry about carrying enough cash to pay for a cab. Uber users request drivers through the mobile app, and once their ride arrives, the meter starts. Fares are then automatically charged to the card on file and a receipt is sent via email and will appear on your app.
- It’s safe! Uber really prioritizes customer safety above anything else. All Uber drivers are required to submit to an extensive background check, including a three-step criminal background screening. Plus, because it’s cashless, you never have to worry about any risk or hassle.
- It’s friendly! In our experience, Uber drivers tend to be much friendlier and more accommodating than other services. Every now and then you’ll even get a driver who’ll offer you a free bottle of water or some candy, just for riding!
- It’s everywhere! Well, almost 😉 Registering for an Uber account in New York doesn’t mean you’re limited to using it here. Uber operates in over 70 cities, all locations of which are available to registered users. Also, our exclusive promotional code “NYCbyFoot” enables you to use that $20 in any of Uber’s many cities.
- It’s family friendly! Uber also offers uberSUV and uberXL, which is ideal for those traveling as a larger group.
- It’s got a lot of variety! Besides uberXL an uberSUV, Uber also offers uberX (the economy option), uberBLACK (a high-end sedan), uberT (a regular taxi, without the hassle), and uberLUX (a luxury vehicle).
Click here to register for Uber, and remember to take advantage of our exclusive new user promotion by typing NYCbyFoot into the promo code box so you can get $20 automatically added to your new account!