This post has our top 12 suggestions - with one honorable mention - for free activities, things to do at night, and family-friendly entertainment in Las Vegas for September 2022.
TOP 12 EVENTS AND THINGS TO DO IN SEPTEMBER
Here are our favorite events going on in September 2022.
Make sure you check out our top things to do in Las Vegas year-round!
Other popular Vegas posts include:
1. See a Major Concert
Las Vegas is known for its entertainment, so it shouldn’t be surprising that there are so many big-name artists coming through the city year-round. September is no exception.
And what better way to spend a night in Las Vegas than seeing your favorite artist perform in person?
- Duran Duran | September 1st, 3rd
- Donny Osmond | Throughout September
- Swedish House Mafia | September 2nd
- Shania Twain | September 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 9th, 10th
- Lita Ford | September 2nd
- Air Supply | September 2nd, 3rd
- Usher | September 3rd, 4th, 9th, 10th
- Luke Bryan | September 3rd, 4th
- Pat Benatar | September 3rd
- Hanson | September 6th
- Kendrick Lamar | September 9th
- Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett | September 9th
- Santana | September 14th
- Aerosmith | September 14th, 17th, 20th, 23rd, 26th, 29th
- Nine Inch Nails | September 15th
- Shawn Mendes | September 15th
- Barry Manilow | September 15th, 16th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th
- Enrique Iglesias | September 16th, 17th
- Pitbull/Sean Paul | September 16th, 17th
- Little River Band | September 16th
- Diana Ross | September 21st, 23rd, 24th, 28th
- Rod Stewart | September 23rd, 24th, 28th
- Miranda Lambert | September 23rd, 24th, 28th
- Demi Lovato | September 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 28th
For more evening entertainment options in the city, check out our post with things to do at night .
2. Attend a Major Sporting Event
Sports fans will be excited to learn Las Vegas is home to multiple professional teams, some of whom have events in September.
Take a look all of the games happening in Las Vegas in September.
3. Go to a Live Comedy Show
Many famous comedians stop in Las Vegas throughout the year, and there are sure to be some solid comedic performances this September.
Here are just some of the comedy shows to see this month:
- Eddie Griffin | Throughout September
- Deon Cole | September 2nd
- Nikki Glaser | September 2nd
- George Lopez | September 2nd, 3rd
- Jeremy Piven | September 9th
- Nate Bargatze | September 9th, 10th
- Wayne Brady | September 10th
- John Mulaney | September 16th
- Sebastian Maniscalco | September 17th
- Tom Sugura | September 23rd, 24th
- Tracy Morgan | September 24th
Alternatively, you can head to a club like the Laugh Factory to enjoy a show any night of the week!
Some Las Vegas tourist passes also include free live comedy performances. If you’re planning to purchase one, keep that in mind as an affordable alternative to the above options.
4. Attend a Magic Show
If you want to experience something otherworldly or unpredictable, there are always plenty of magicians performing in Las Vegas.
The following notable acts will be holding performances throughout the month of September:
It’s worth noting again that you might be able to save money on some of these magic shows by using a Las Vegas tourist pass.
5. Experience Cirque du Soleil
No matter when you visit Las Vegas, chances are there will be a Cirque du Soleil show to see.
During the month of September, some of the following shows will be taking place:
- Michael Jackson ONE | Mandaly Bay
- The Beatles LOVE | The Mirage
- KA | MGM Grand
- O | Bellagio
- Mystere | Treasure Island
- Mad Apple | New York New York
If you’re planning to use a Las Vegas tourist pass, keep in mind that some of them include these shows at no additional cost, allowing you to save money on tickets!
7. Go to a Music Festival
If you're not interested in any of the concerts in Las Vegas this month, there are some great music festivals taking place this month that you might want to consider.
Life Is Beautiful Festival | September 16th - 18th | Arctic Monkeys/Calvin Harris/Gorillaz/Lorde/Migos, and much more.
iHeartRadio Music Festival | September 23rd - 24th | Black Eyed Peas/Pat Benatar/Nicki Minaj/Avril Lavigne and more.
Lost in Dreams - September 30st - October 1st | Autograf/Highlnd/San Holo/Taylor Kade and others
7. Go to the Hoover Dam
If you’re looking for another great opportunity to get out of the city for a few hours, the Hoover Dam is pretty close by and there are a lot of tours providing transportation to and from the landmark.
Take a look at some of these options for Hoover Dam tours:
- Hoover Dam Exterior Tour
- Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, & Route 66 Tour
- Hoover Dam & Black Canyon Kayak Tour
As with tours of the Grand Canyon, some of these outings are also included with Las Vegas tourist passes, and that could be a good way to save a few bucks on tickets.
8. See the Grand Canyon
This national landmark is within driving (and flying) distance of Las Vegas, and there are several different tours you can take from the city which provide round trip transportation to and from the Grand Canyon.
Here are a few of the best Grand Canyon tours you can take from Vegas:
- Grand Canyon Bus Tour + Skywalk Ticket
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour
- Grand Canyon Tour w/ Horseback Ride
In addition to these options, there are also some tours of this landmark included with Las Vegas tourist passes, so you don’t even have to pay full price for this activity!
9. Save Money with a Tourist Attraction Discount Pass
You don’t need to break the bank to see all the attractions you want to see in Las Vegas.
If you purchase a discount city pass, you’ll get discounts on select attractions, experiences, and restaurants - sometimes 20 - 70%.
Depending on the pass, you could get access to:
- Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Madame Tussauds
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck
Take a look at our full comparison to see which tourist attraction discount pass is best for your trip.
10. Take a Bus Tour
Interested in seeing all the most notable attractions in Las Vegas?
A hop-on hop-off bus tour includes stops at every major site, and each ticket lasts for a full day, allowing you to jump off and explore the area at your own leisure whenever you wish.
In addition to the daily tours, there is also a night bus tour available which will give you a great look at the Vegas Strip after dark. This option isn’t hop-on hop-off, but it is 3 hours long and includes a guided walking tour of Fremont Street.
Some Las Vegas bus tours are included with various tourist passes, allowing you to save some money on tickets.
For more information, please read our post covering hop-on hop-off Las Vegas bus tours .
12. Cool Off in a Vegas Pool
Even in September, it can get pretty hot in Las Vegas. If you’re looking for an opportunity to cool off, consider going to one of the many pools found at various hotels in this city.
One of the easiest ways to do this is actually just to jump on the Pool Party Bus, which will take you to 3 of the best pools in Las Vegas. This outing also includes unlimited mixers, fantastic music and more.
Alternatively, you can also just stay at the hotel and get access to their pool. Some hotels also offer tickets to enter and enjoy the pool even if you aren’t a guest.
12. Take a Ghost Tour
Believe it or not, there are areas of Las Vegas that are said to be haunted. If you’re interested in learning about some of the spookier stories to come out of this city, consider taking a ghost tour.
Over the course of an hour, you’ll learn about the potentially haunted history of Sin City, including tales of reported sightings and other events.
During this tour, you’ll visit a variety of notable locations including Planet Hollywood, Harrah’s, Palazzo and more, as your guide reveals the darker side of Las Vegas.