This post tells you how you can get tickets to see LIVE! With Kelly and Mark, where you need to go and when you need to be there.
We also provide general rules for studio entry to help you plan your attendance, including how to get last-minute and standby tickets.
- How to Get Tickets in Advance
- Standby Tickets
- Plan Your Attendance
- Other TV Show Tapings
- Things to Do in NYC
- Free Tours By Foot
Going to see Live! is free! The show tapes Monday through Friday starting at 9:00 am. Tapings generally last 60-90 minutes.
Unlike some other popular TV shows, you don’t have to apply a year in advance to get tickets. The show posts ticket availability a month at a time, usually about 17 days in advance.
For example, tickets for June will go up on the LIVE! website in early April.
If you are the type who likes to plan weeks in advance, as soon as you know your travel dates, visit the tickets information page and see if tickets are available.
Note: Children under 10 years are not permitted and anyone between 11-18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
If the dates you want are booked up, sign up for the waitlist. Guests on the waitlist will be notified if tickets become available.
This does happen when booked guests decide not to attend the show. Below is a short video about how the waitlist works.
You can also try for standby tickets for that day’s taping which starts at 9 am. The studio capacity is 230 people, but sometimes people don’t show up.
Once ticket holders are seated, remaining seats are given to people on the standby line on a “first-come, first-serve” basis.
So, be sure to get to the studio at the southeast corner of 67th Street and Columbus Avenue as early as 7 am if you hope to get a standby seat.
Last Minute Tickets
If you are more spontaneous and suddenly have the urge to go to a taping, you can always check the ticket information website.
Amazingly, you may find shows that still have tickets available for the very next day!
But don’t count on that if you really want to see the show.
If you do get tickets, you should arrive at the studio by 7:45 a.m. The earlier you are there, the better seat you will get.
PLAN YOUR ATTENDANCE
So you've got your tickets, and you're ready to go, but there are some things you should know before you head out the door to see Kelly and Mark.
We've got you covered -- from how to get to the studio, to how to dress, what to bring, and what not to bring.
Where Is the Studio?
Live! with Kelly and Mark at the ABC Studios on Columbus Avenue and 67th Street, just a block west of Central Park.
Use this link for directions to the studio from your departure location.
- Take the 1 train to 66th Street- Lincoln Center station.
- Take the A, C, or D trains to 59 St - Columbus Circle Station
If you are new to using the subway you may find our post, Navigating the New York Subway, to be very helpful.
As the map shows, nearby attractions such as the Dakota Apartments, where John Lennon lived and died.
Our Central Park Guide has tons of information about the many things to do and see in the park.
General Rules of Attendance
- All audience members are required to be screened prior to entering the studio.
- There is no coat or bag check. All of your belongings must fit underneath your seat.
TIP: For prohibited bags or luggage, see our post about bag and luggage storage to find out more. There are many options all over NYC to store your bags safely and cheaply even for just a few hours!
- Eating, drinking, or smoking in studios is not permitted.
- Cameras are permitted. The show reserves the right to ask you not to use your camera at any given time. Video cameras and flash pictures are not permitted.
- It’s always a good idea to have proof of your ID with you.
- Tickets are non-transferable, meaning you cannot give your ticket to someone else.
- Dress as if you are “going to a nice dinner”. Solid bright colors are preferred. Avoid t-shirts and hats with large logos. Please dress warmly as the studio is air-conditioned.
- The studio is wheelchair accessible.
TIP: Check out these posts for information on getting free tickets for live tapings for shows such as The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, or The Daily Show With Trevor Noah!