Where to Store Luggage in London
In this post, we offer several different options for luggage storage in London, including a service that will pick up and drop off your bags.
- Luggage Storage (the Airbnb Method)
- Airports & Train Stations
- Delivery Services
- Storage Centers
- Things to Do in London
- Free Tours by Foot
Stasher (formerly CityStasher)
Stasher and its competitors below employ a system similar to Airbnb in which you simply pay a fee to leave your bags with a certified location nearest you.
Rather than store your luggage at a storage center or left luggage facility, you can now drop off your bags at a wide range of shops and restaurants around the city!
All include insurance coverage for lost or damaged items.
The best thing about Stasher is their pricing, just £6 per bag for the whole day.
If you plan to get the London Pass, a tourist attraction discount pass, you will be entitled to 15% off.
Click here for more information.
There are several other companies offering a similar service.
Some have a few side benefits that are worth noting below. Some might offer more convenient locations for you than Stasher.
Nannybag is a reputable service with hundreds of locations in dozens of cities in Europe.
In London alone they have over 100 locations and provide generous insurance of £1300 per bag, which is included in the price.
Their prices are very good: £6 per bag for the first 24 hours; £4 per bag for each additional day.
Click here to learn more and find a convenient location near you.
Vertoe is an on-demand short term storage service provider. They have 500+ locations worldwide and now Vertoe is available in London!
Vertoe is currently active at more than 20 locations in London covering all major landmarks including King Cross Station, Victoria Station, Heathrow Airport, Paddington, and London Bridge.
Many of their locations are open 24/7 for extended convenience.
Vertoe offers the cheapest rates in London with a starting online price of £5.95/ day. Group bookings lead to added discounts with even more affordable pricing.
Most major train stations, coach stations, and all airports offer left luggage facilities.
These are simple storage spaces that can be rented out on an hourly or daily basis.
Visitors can either pay upon arrival or pay online in advance to save some time.
Hours vary for each left luggage location. However, most are opened between 7 am – 11 pm, so luggage can be dropped off and collected between those hours.
For guests seeking overnight storage, there is 24-hour CCTV coverage to ensure that all left luggage is kept secure.
To pre-book a left luggage storage space at a London train station or airport, click here to be taken to the Left Luggage booking site run by Excess Baggage Company.
Left Luggage at Victoria Train Station
One of the busiest train stations in the city, London Victoria also features a left luggage facility.
It is open daily between 7am-10.45pm, and costs just £3.00 per item for the first 2 hours, £5 per item under 20kg for 2-24 hours, and £7 per item over 20kg for 2-24 hours.
We have other Victoria Station luggage storage options listed here, including flexible, Airbnb-style options.
Left Luggage at Other London Train Stations
- London King’s Cross. Platforms 16-18. Open 7am-midnight.
- London Charing Cross. Main concourse. Open 7am-11pm.
- London Liverpool Street. Platform 10. Open 7am-11pm.
- London Euston. Platform 16-18. Open 7am-11pm.
- London Paddington. Platform 12. Open 7am-11pm.
- London St Pancras International. Main concourse. Open Monday-Saturday 5:30am0-11pm; Sunday 7am-10pm.
- Prices for storage vary by station and length of time, so please see Left Luggage to find out what to expect to pay.
Left Luggage at London Airports
London Heathrow Airport
- Terminal 2 — Arrivals. Main Concourse. Open 5am-11pm. £5 per item for 0-2 hours of storage, £10 for 2-24 hours and £5 for each additional 24 hours.
- Terminal 3 — Arrivals. Near Car Hire desks. Open 5am-11pm. £5 per item for 0-2 hours, £10 for 2-24 hours and £5 for each additional 24 hours.
- Terminal 4 — Arrivals Hall West End. Open 5.30am-11pm. £5 per item for 0-2 hours, £10 for 2-24 hours and £5 for each additional 24 hours.
- Terminal 5 — Arrivals. UK Arrivals End. Open 5.30am-11pm. £5 per item for 0-2 hours, £10 for 2-24 hours and £5 for each additional 24 hours.
London Gatwick Airport
- South Terminal — Arrivals Hall. Open 24 hours, seven days a week. £5 per item for 0-2 hours, £9 for 2-24 hours and £9 for each additional 24 hours.
London City Airport
- Information Desk — £10 per item per 24 hours
London Luton Airport
- Next to Outsize Baggage Unit on Check-in Concourse — Open 24 hours. £6 per item per 24 hours.
London Stansted Airport
- Airport services desk at the international arrivals landside — Open 24 hours. £10 per item per 24 hours.
Another trend in this industry is the rise of luggage delivery services.
This company collect your bags directly from your doorstep and then deliver them to your destination airport, or delivered to your address after checking them in at the airport.
AirPortr is the most well-known company providing this service in London. Fees start at £30 per bag, though the overall cost can vary a lot depending on distance and type of service.
They have an online chat and 24-hour call center so you can speak to a representative at any time.
If you have a long layover and don’t want to bother with storing your luggage, then this is a great option as it ensures that your bags will be waiting for you at your final destination once you arrive.
These facilities are traditional storage centers in which you drop your bags at a specific location and pay a fixed rate per bag.
As companies such as Stasher and become more popular, fewer people are using companies like the ones listed below.
However, if you are looking for long-term storage options, then these offer a competitive option.
Access Self Storage at King’s Cross
Located very conveniently just opposite of King’s Cross, Access Self Storage is a cheap way to store luggage for a full day in central London.
Not only is King’s Cross one of the most popular train stations in London, but it is also within walking distance of many tourist attractions such as the British Museum, Camden Town, and Covent Garden.
The cost of storage is £8.50 per item, per day.
- Hours: Mon – Fri: 7:30am-6:00pm; Sat: 8:30am-5:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Located at: Belgrove House, Belgrove Street, King’s Cross, London WC1H 8AA
ABC Self Store
Additionally, visitors can opt for a self-storage option such as ABC Self Storage, which has a facility in Camden, Southwark, and Wandsworth.
SafeStore Self Storage
Another self-storage option is SafeStore, which offers a discount for those hoping to store luggage for long-term stays.
SafeStore has 107 locations around London, guaranteeing that there is always a storage facility nearby.
LUGGAGE STORAGE IN OTHER EUROPEAN CITIES:
LUGGAGE STORAGE IN US CITIES: