An informative and entertaining walk through 150 years of spying in Downtown and around the White House, a breeding ground and a playground for domestic & international spies.
You will learn about Confederate spy rings that sought to kidnap or kill Abraham Lincoln and walk in the steps of such infamous spies as the hoop-skirted “Rebel” Rose O’Neal Greenhow, Julia Child, Elizabeth Bentley, and Karl Koecher.
From Lincoln's last days to the end of the Cold War, this tour explores revels in the history of spying in Washington, DC.
Like hearing about Spies but want to explore a different neighborhood? We also offer a Spies of Georgetown tour as a private option! Email us to book
Duration: Approx. 2 hrs and less than a mile.
When: View our full tour calendar of guided tours.
What Should I Bring?
- Cash or Venmo to pay your guide (where other tours charge $20-30 a person, this tour is name your own price so you can choose what you thought the tour was worth)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A water bottle
- Appropriate clothing / umbrella - tours are rain or shine!
- Professional Historian/Tour Guide
- Recommendations for the best food, music and museums
- Advice on must-do experiences