London Hotels for Under £100
Best budget hotels in London under £100
Let’s be honest – London is not cheap. Everywhere you go, you might feel you are shedding pounds – from your wallet of course. Accommodation can be expensive, leaving you with fewer options to explore this great city. Well, FREE TOURS BY FOOT wants you to make the most out of your trip. We know that most travelers are on a budget and are more and more looking for options other than the big chains. Further, we know they are looking for affordable and comfortable places to stay.
- The 47-room Chelsea Guesthouse (see their reviews) is a great option for families and groups, as they have triple rooms, and offer special group leader rates. Located south of the Thames, the Chelsea Guesthouse is within walking distance to the famous and bustling Clapham where you can enjoy boutiques, bars and restaurants. To get to our Westminster and All-in-One tours, walk 15 minutes to Vauxhall Underground station. From there it’s a 3-stop ride on the Victoria line to Green Park. 372 & 374 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 4TE, +44 20 7627 6262, www.chelseaguesthouse.co.uk, singles: £44, doubles: £59, triples: £85
- For those of you, who prefer to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, take a look at Hotel 55 (see their reviews). They have a beautiful landscaped garden and an outside lounge area. Rooms are contemporary and air-conditioned. The Hotel 55 is located 30 minutes away from Heathrow Airport. To our tours: it’s a 2 minute walk to the North Ealing Tube station, from where you can take a 28-minute ride on the Piccadilly line to the Green Park Tube station. 55 Hanger Lane, London, W5 3HL, +44 20 8991 4450, www.hotel55-london.com, doubles: £96
- Number 16: (see their reviews) This warm and inviting B&B is located in Greenwich. It only has 3 rooms, so make sure you book early. The owners are very accommodating, open-minded and are doing their best to make everyone feel at home. To get to our tours, head to the Greenwich train station is near by. Take the train to London Bridge Underground Station. From there, take the Jubilee line to Green Park. Plan about 30 minutes for your trip. Number 16, St Alfege Passage, Greenwich, London SE10 9JS, +44 20 8853 4337, www.stalfeges.co.uk, prices start from £75
- For the historians among you, you might enjoy The Ridgemount Hotel (see their reviews), as this charming hotel is located in the culture rich Bloomsbury close to the British Museum, the British Medical society as well as the University of London’s main campus. The hotel with its 32 rooms is family run. Our tours are a 30-minute walk away, or you can take the 14 bus and make it to the start of the tour within 20 minutes. 67 Gower St London Borough of Camden, WC1E, + 44 20 7636 1141, www.ridgemounthotel.co.uk, singles: £52-67, doubles: £78-98
- Travelodge has several discount locations throughout London, and we don’t want to miss mentioning them. The Travelodge Southwark hotel (see their reviews) is conveniently located on the Southbank, close to the River Thames and the London Waterloo Station. The Tate Modern and National Gallery, and The London Aquarium are near by. Our tours are 15 minutes away: walk the 2 minutes to Southwark Underground Station and take the 5-minute ride on the Jubilee line to Green Park. 202 – 206 Union Street Southwark London SE1 0LH, +44 871 984 6352, www.travelodge.co.uk, doubles: £84
Additional ways to save include AirBnB https://www.airbnb.com/ .
FREE TOURS BY FOOT walking tours begin from outside the Ritz Hotel, 150 Piccadilly, right outside the Green Park Tube Station. For more information, please go to our website: www.freetoursbyfoot.com/london-tours/. We offer tours for every budget at no upfront cost. You may pay whatever you like or can afford at the end of your tour.
We recommend that you plan sufficient travel time to make it to our tours on time.