Let Free Tours by Foot help you plan your trip to New Orleans. Our local experts have written everything you need to know about what to do and see in NOLA.
In the sections below you'll find our most popular blog posts detailing insider information and our best advice.
- Top Things To Do
- Most Popular Attractions
- Bus, Bike Walking Tours
- Getting Around New Orleans
- Where to Eat
- Monthly Events & Weather
Join our free FTBF travel community! As a thank you, you'll receive our free itinerary planner.
If you just don’t know where to start, visit our main post or take a walking tour and ask your guide!
There are a lot of things to do in New Orleans, of course, but some are MUST-DOs. We have guides to the top things to do in NOLA based on how you want to travel - at night, with kids, for free or all of the above.
- Free Things to Do in New Orleans
- What to do in New Orleans Tonight
- What to Do with Kids in New Orleans
- Where to Hear Live Music in New Orleans
- New Orleans on a Budget
Some of the most popular attractions in New Orleans are listed below - these blog posts will give you tips on how to get there, how to get tickets if necessary, best times to go and other insider information to help you plan your trip.
- Mardi Gras World Tickets and Discounts
- Best New Orleans Attractions and Sightseeing
- 5 New Orleans Cemeteries to Visit
- Audubon Aquarium | Tickets, Prices and Discounts
- St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans
- Second Line Parades in New Orleans
- Audubon Zoo in New Orleans
- WW2 Museum in New Orleans Discounts and Coupons
- French Market in New Orleans
- Bourbon Street in New Orleans
- The Voodoo Museum in New Orleans
- New Orleans Jazz Museum
- Oak Alley Plantation Tickets, Tours and Reviews
- Houmas House Plantation Tickets, Tours and Reviews
- Lafayette Cemetery #1 in New Orleans
- Jackson Square New Orleans
How do you want to tour NOLA? Bus, bike, walking tours & more we have guides to the top-rated options.
- WHAT TOUR SHOULD I TAKE IN NEW ORLEANS?
- Swamp Tours New Orleans
- Cemetery Tours New Orleans
- New Orleans Steamboat Cruises
- New Orleans Plantation Tours
- Hop on Hop Off New Orleans Bus Tours
- Hurricane Katrina Tours in New Orleans
- New Orleans Cocktail Tour
- 7 Awesome New Orleans Night Tours
- Which New Orleans Cruise is Best?
- Airboat Tours in New Orleans
- New Orleans Ghost Tours
- New Orleans Food Tours
- Cajun Pride Swamp and Plantation Tour Reviews
- New Orleans Segway Tour
- New Orleans Bike Tours Compared
Taking the street car is a must do in NOLA! But there are a few ways to get around the Crescent City.
- How to Use Public Transportation in New Orleans
- New Orleans Airport to the French Quarter
- St. Charles Streetcar to the Garden District
- New Orleans Streetcars | How to Ride the Trolleys
- How to Get to the French Quarter from the New Orleans Cruise Port
- Luggage Storage in New Orleans
There is more to New Orleans than Bourbon Street, each individual neighborhood and area has its own unique charm. Our neighborhood guides have tips on where to eat, what to see and often self guided tours.
- Garden District Walking Tour
- French Quarter Walking Tours
- New Orleans Neighborhoods
- New Orleans City Park Guide
- Frenchmen Street New Orleans
- Things To Do In The Treme
- What to See and Do in Algiers Point
- Things to Do in the French Quarter
- Faubourg Marigny New Orleans
Beignets, Creole or Cajun - there are a lot of quintessential Lousiana foods to try in New Orleans!
- 15 New Orleans Drinks You Must Try
- 13 Foods You Must Eat in New Orleans
- Café Du Monde New Orleans
- Cajun And Creole Restaurants in New Orleans
- The Best Beignets in New Orleans
- Where Are the Best Po-Boys in New Orleans?
- The Best Gumbo in New Orleans
Our resident meteorologist, Fred, explains more about average temperatures and how much rain there usually is each month.
- New Orleans Weather Averages by Month
- New Orleans Weather in October
- The Weather in New Orleans in August
- How is the Weather in New Orleans in September?
- The Weather in New Orleans in July
- The Weather in New Orleans in June
- What is the weather like in New Orleans during February?
- The Weather in New Orleans in April
- How is the Weather in New Orleans in January?
- How is the Weather in New Orleans in March?
- The Weather in New Orleans in May
- New Orleans Weather in December
- Weather in New Orleans in November
Each month has its own special events, festivals and concerts. Find out more about what is happening when you're exploring NOLA.
- What to Do in New Orleans in September
- What to Do in August in New Orleans
- What to Do in July in New Orleans
- What to Do in New Orleans in June
- Things To Do in May in New Orleans
- Things to Do in April in New Orleans
- Things to Do in New Orleans in March
- What to Do in New Orleans in February
- What to Do in January in New Orleans
- Things to do in December in New Orleans
- What to Do in New Orleans in November
- What to Do in New Orleans in October